just got off the Diamond..

jkrav

and wanted to say....best vacation of my life. after this cruise my friends and I have decided to make this an annual event. Every day was amazing the people we met and hung out with were awesome and it was the perfect cruise. Definitely. a 14 out of 10.

what things did you do while onboard,was the weather good,where did you go?:rolleyes:

Onboard we hung out by the pools / spas, watched the activities that went on outside (Survivor), played ping pong, watched karaoke, & danced at Skywalkers Night Club every night. Went to the tea party thing but being young it was just a little to boring (as expected) but hey the food and tea was good so if you're down to relax, then thats a good one. The weather was very nice for the most part but the sea day on the way home was very rocky and overcast out. they had to close off the poools because it was splashing 10 ft in the air. It was a little rough being on the higher decks but we found going outside and lower felt really good. Went to Puerto Vallarta and walked around after drinking a little at Carlos O Brians. Found a place called Cheeky Monkey down the street that had dollar beers, the guys working were so cool and the view was awesome we ended up giving a tip over 50%. (We're crazy 19/20 yr olds). Mazatlan was awesome...Taxi to Senor Frogs and as soon as our friends from the ship arrived the party started and was really fun. Good DJ..didnt eat anything there tho figured we could eat for free on the ship and would rather spend money on beer. In Cabo we went across to The Office which was a little place along many other little restaurant bars. Did the sea-doos and the coolest thing was being able to ride around our ship. Hung out and drank at the beach all day.

Everything went perfect we met awesome people all our age that hung out every night and partied. Had a noise complaint against us after the first night but thats what happens when you're loud in your room until 5 am...so we tried to stay out around the ship later in the evening. We also brought speakers to our rooms for music which was a great idea when we were lounging around before dinner and napping.

We had anytime dining the first night which was ok but we wanted to change to late traditional and that worked out well because they had open space. Ended up in a corner but it didnt matter because we got a great Waiter named Ricky and we had a good time hanging out with him. Our room steward Kusol on Aloha was awesome. We're outgoign so we always talk to everyone and he was always laughing and joking around. He cleaned our rooms a lot and had more work because we are young and dirty kids. We gave him a nice tip I just wish there was a way he didnt have to put it in the pot and split it.

Oh and all the food was awesome. At dinner I tried to stay away from stuff I could eat at restaurants at home and was happy every day. Burgers near the pools were awesome and the pizza was good, buffet always had something i could munch on after dancing all night at skywalkers, and the dining room got better every night i felt like.

Your cabin steward keeps all extra tips. Unless you removed the automatic $10 per day, he was able to keep your cash tips. If you removed the auto tips, then he would have to turn in cash tips to go into the pool.

oh im glad to hear he will be able to keep it, we were under the impression any extra might go into the pool but wanted him to know we appreciated him and thought he did an awesome job.

Glad to hear you had such a great time! My friends and I are in our 20s and will be going on the Diamond in January. Was there a good amount of people in their 20s onboard? I have been on the Caribbean Princess and the Star Princess and Skywalkers was a lot of fun on both. Were there a lot of people there each night?

Thanks for the info!

Onboard we hung out by the pools / spas, watched the activities that went on outside (Survivor), played ping pong, watched karaoke, & danced at Skywalkers Night Club every night. Went to the tea party thing but being young it was just a little to boring (as expected) but hey the food and tea was good so if you're down to relax, then thats a good one. The weather was very nice for the most part but the sea day on the way home was very rocky and overcast out. they had to close off the poools because it was splashing 10 ft in the air. It was a little rough being on the higher decks but we found going outside and lower felt really good. Went to Puerto Vallarta and walked around after drinking a little at Carlos O Brians. Found a place called Cheeky Monkey down the street that had dollar beers, the guys working were so cool and the view was awesome we ended up giving a tip over 50%. (We're crazy 19/20 yr olds). Mazatlan was awesome...Taxi to Senor Frogs and as soon as our friends from the ship arrived the party started and was really fun. Good DJ..didnt eat anything there tho figured we could eat for free on the ship and would rather spend money on beer. In Cabo we went across to The Office which was a little place along many other little restaurant bars. Did the sea-doos and the coolest thing was being able to ride around our ship. Hung out and drank at the beach all day.

Everything went perfect we met awesome people all our age that hung out every night and partied. Had a noise complaint against us after the first night but thats what happens when you're loud in your room until 5 am...so we tried to stay out around the ship later in the evening. We also brought speakers to our rooms for music which was a great idea when we were lounging around before dinner and napping.

We had anytime dining the first night which was ok but we wanted to change to late traditional and that worked out well because they had open space. Ended up in a corner but it didnt matter because we got a great Waiter named Ricky and we had a good time hanging out with him. Our room steward Kusol on Aloha was awesome. We're outgoign so we always talk to everyone and he was always laughing and joking around. He cleaned our rooms a lot and had more work because we are young and dirty kids. We gave him a nice tip I just wish there was a way he didnt have to put it in the pot and split it.

Oh and all the food was awesome. At dinner I tried to stay away from stuff I could eat at restaurants at home and was happy every day. Burgers near the pools were awesome and the pizza was good, buffet always had something i could munch on after dancing all night at skywalkers, and the dining room got better every night i felt like.

Archived