Delta changes - can we make the flight?

Beth & Rob

I have reservations on Delta and they WERE leaving Barcelona at 12:25pm to Kennedy and then 1.45hr wait to catch another flight to L.A.

I called today to verify as the original flight was supposed to come back through Atlanta, but they keep changing the schedule.

Now they tell me that Flight 95 from Barcelona has been changed from 12:25 to 10AM.

I think the ship docks at 5AM..........Delta keeps changing the schedules, but as of now, anything later goes to Madrid to Heathrow to Kennedy to LA or to Cincinatti to Kennedy to LA..........Lots of extra time and headache.

What is anyone experience with getting off the ship and to the airport and ON THE PLANE BY 10AM?

We were on the Brilliance this past May and had a 10:30am flight on Air France.

We went to the desk at some point during the cruise to make sure we could get off first (which we did). I think around 7:15. We had arranged for Angies Taxi service to pick us up at the pier so we got to the airport before the buses.

Barcelona's airport can be confusing - the checkin area is wall to wall people - so try to do some homework before you go on where Delta counter is. All counters seem to have long lines but if you get there before the buses they are not as bad.

We had plenty of time once we checked in to relax before boarding.

I have departed ships in Barcelona twice now. Fortunately it is a short 15 to 20 minute drive by taxi from the port to the airport. 10 AM airport departure is early but should be OK if you can depart the ship by 7:30 AM. Some ships allow you to depart with your luggage in hand which makes things go much faster. I believe Delta arrives and departs from terminal one. Terminal 2 handles most of the European flights. Your schedule is alittle tight but can be done without issue. I think you just have to stay on top of things. Check ahead of time to see which termina you leave from and make sure the ship is aware of your departure time. Assure the taxi driver knows which airlines you are flying on. Good luck, Tim

Merry Christmas Beth and Rob,

I am beginning to be glad we did not book Delta when the prices were really low. This is almost a nightmare and the cruise is so far off. I would venture to say Delta will be changing things againand again. So some advice, stop checking every day. I know it's hard, but both you and Pris will be half nuts by the time this cruise happens. At least your price is protected.

I called Royal Caribbean and asked about the when the earliest departure from Barcelona should be scheuled. They told me, the earliest flight should be 10am. We are now looking at two departures one leaving at 9:55am or one at 11am. Afriad to book this far out tho' because schedules will change over and over.

Delta messed us up in 1998, when we booked round trip to Zurich, Switzerland. They pulled out of Eugene before our scheduled return, so we had to make arrangements to get back to Eugene from Portland.

We are not looking at KLM (Northwest) Eug/Sea Sea/Ams Ams/Bcn, less flying time and not going thru New York City. Don't want to go thru a second European city, but this may be the lesser of two evils.

I know it's hard to relax and believe me I am experiencing anxiety right up there with you and Pris. This is not fun.....Becky

Yeah, it's been an interesting ride ever since we booked the flights; that's for sure! It is VERY good to hear that RCCL says we could make a 10 AM flight, but what if they change it to an earlier flight than that..........holy cow what a mess.

I believe I told you that the first Delta rep I spoke with said that beginning with Nov 1, Delta will consider the BCN flights in the "off season" and from all of the research I've done since, that does appear to be true as our original return flights seem to be available up until the first of November.................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr We're trying not to lose our minds over this and hope it will all pan out........after all, there are a couple of thousand folks on that sailing (and the one following) who don't plan to swim back home!

Archived