PG Question

Nevian

I too prefer to do my own wash on some handwash items. If I wash something out in my room is there a place to hang it up to dry? (I'm not in a balcony room.) Would the cabin steward faint if I brought a very small amount of clothesline and string it up? I'm trying to learn the art of not overpacking and if I could hand wash some things it would help immensely. Thanks for any info - this is my first Regent cruise.

If I remember correctly, there is a "clothesline" thingy in the bathtub. It worked fine for hanging up hand laundry on our 2 week cruise. If our cabin attendants minded, nothing was ever mentioned.It was also useful for wet bathing suits. I agree that the laundry service offered on the ship was great and reasonable. I told my husband, next time we're bringing all our dirty clothes. The dry cleaning service was also good and reasonable.

Have a great time. Five more months and we'll be back onboard.

We've been on the PG for a total of 24 days in non-balcony cabins. The pull-out clothesline over the tub is very handy. I packed from home about a dozen plastic clothes-pins and some plastic covered wire clothes hangers. The body wash supplied along with your toiletries in the cabin works well for washing swim suits and delicates in the sink. We also always had snorkels, masks and swim fins propped in our bathroom drying. I did keep the rest of our cabin neat - never left food out or stuff piled on the bed etc. Our stewards never had a problem with our "mini-laundry" in the bathroom. They managed to clean well in there every day.

Archived