Restaurant Recommendations

Marge106

DH and I are staying 1 night pre-cruise at the Hotel Normandie and are arriving this Friday 12/29. I know the Normandie is not really near anything and realize we will have to take a taxi to go to Old San Juan. Since DH has never been in San Juan this is really not a problem.

I am looking for recommendations for a nice/decent restaurant in the Old San Juan area. DH does not like anything spicy and is really quite simple in what he eats, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to alll...

We really like the Parrot Club (363 Forteleza), and Ropa Vieja, on the Condado. I don't like spicy, and prefer simple, and really enjoy the food at both places. Parrot Club is probably best categorized as nouveau Peurto Rican (they have a great skirt steak, and lucsious cerviche), and on the expensive side. Ropa Vieja is authentic Puerto Rican and Cuban, and very reasonable. It's also probably walkable (over the bridge) from the Normandie.

Jodi

Archived