RCI Freedom or Liberty June 07?

flyingdoxie

Hello!

I just returned from my first cruise on RCI Jewel of the Seas and absolutely LOVED it! Now my mom (very young 70 year old) and my nephew (10 years old) want to go on a cruise when his school year is over. I am looking at the end of May or very beginning of June '07 and think they would most enjoy the RCI Freedom. But, I'm finding better deals for the brand new Liberty. I think the ships are close to identical in what they offer. But, is it a good idea to sail on a ship that is brand new (due to be launched in May 07)? What if the launch is delayed? Will the service be as good of quality as with a more seasoned crew? All suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

Unless something major happens the Liberty will be delivered on time. She just finished up her sea trials. I see no problem with cruising on a new ship like the Liberty. Many of her crew members will be moving over from her sister the Freedom. Should be a normal transition. Glad that you enjoyed the Jewel. I just returned a few weeks ago and thought that she was one of the most beautiful ships that I have ever seen.

I know this isn't one of your choices, but we'd like to invite you to join our CC group cruise on Carnival Miracle next June 12. Its an 8 day cruise from New York to San Juan, St Thomas and Tortola. Although it is a 4 year old ship, it is highly rated by fellow CC members and consistently gets great reviews!

Archived