Turtles and Hell & snorkelling

dangerouslymoody

Hey MOODY!

You can read about my excursion experience at the link below. WE LOVED IT!

You may have a little time to snorkel on your own after the tour, but that would depend on how long your ship is in port, local traffic, tender times, etc. Plus, you would have to find a way to get back out to the reef! I'm not sure there is any place near the port where you would want to just jump in the water and snorkle.

Whatever you decide, I hope you like Grand Cayman as much as we did! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=444045

I did this excursion before. I would say personally for me...it was ok. The turtle farm was pretty neat. The rum cake factory was a gift shop with an attached kitchen that you could kind of see in, but believe me, they brought you there for the gift shop. Hell was not what I expected. It was rather small and you looked over a fence at some rock formations and the only thing else around was....you guessed it...a gift shop :) I think everything is worth doing once. I didn't regret the excursion, but it was not one of my top thrilling experiences! I think the tender ride is the best!! :) If you've never done the stingray experience in Grand Caymens I would highly recommend that.

OK, Moody this should help you out more. this is the link to rum Point beach

http://www.caymankaivacations.com/AttractionsatRumPoint.htm

Paula's email is

pswabyebanks@yahoo.com

Ask here about Tour 2 that BGR Travel is doing 1/17/07. This is a combination of land and sea activities. We are doing a a city highlights tour, turtle farm, tortuga rum cake factory, hell, rum point beach,snorkeling, and stingray city. This includes stingray food and lunch at the Wreck Bar and Grill (run by the Hyatt) at Rum Point for 65.00 pp (adult price, we have no kids in our group) There we 30 in our group.

She is with Nativeway tours, and I believe she organizes the water part with the Red Sail group at Rum Point.

Jill

Anyone done the excursion that went to the turtle farm, Hell and rumcake factory?? we are thinking of doing this and then we should have time to come back and snorkel on our own right? are there places to snorkel near the ship that are easy to find on foot??

We were there in August and booked Captain Marvin's for the stingray tour with one snorkel stop. My 11-year-old DD was really looking forward to the turtle farm, so we added on (for $25pp) the Hell and turtle farm excursion. So, if you're not doing a stingray tour and only going to Hell and the turtle farm, I would think there would be plenty of time to go snorkeling. We even had time to go shopping for a couple of hours.

Have a great time!

Jayne

:)

Archived