Question about Final Payment & Rewards Points?

lucia1024

Hi

I have a question. I booked my AK cruise in May 2007 with an online TA. I have $1000 in reward points. I want to redeem them, but I seem to have read that everyone redeems their points with their final payment. I am not sure how this would work when I am dealing over the internet and not a person. How would NCL know that I have made my final payment. Do I just send a copy of my final payment receipt with the coupons? I was under the impression that you should send these coupons in before the whole bill is paid in full.

Any suggestions on what procedure would work best would really be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Good question. I just sent mine in today even though I've made final payment earlier this month. On the back of the voucher is an area for your name, booking number, sail date and ship so I don't think they'll have any problem attibuting the vouchers to the correct cruise. I did, however, read on the back that it says to send in with final but I'm going on the assumption that I will get a credit on my charge card. If not, guess I'll just have to hurry and book another cruise before the vouchers expire! :D

Hi

I have a question. I booked my AK cruise in May 2007 with an online TA. I have $1000 in reward points. I want to redeem them, but I seem to have read that everyone redeems their points with their final payment. I am not sure how this would work when I am dealing over the internet and not a person. How would NCL know that I have made my final payment. Do I just send a copy of my final payment receipt with the coupons? I was under the impression that you should send these coupons in before the whole bill is paid in full.

Any suggestions on what procedure would work best would really be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

I too have the exact same question...i have $1,500 in NCL points that I received a few days ago. Do I send in to NCL at the address on the back of the certs with my info typed in? OR Do I need to send to Expedia, and they credit me???

My final payment is due Jan 14th, so I need to get moving on this.

ALSO, I have another $1,500 pts coming in a month or so. Who would I send those certs to if my balance needs to be paid by Jan 14th and I dont have the rest of the certs yet?

Shoreguy, you can probably answer these!!!

Thanks

Fill out the back of the cert. and mail to NCL directly. I would make copies, just in case they get lost. Also, put Attn: Accounting Dept. on the envelope, so they get applied faster. I sent mine in and had them applied within a week. I was surprised how fast it was.

I've always sent my certificates in before the final payment is due, definitely send them directly to NCL attn Accounting Department.

I would suggest sending them by certified mail, UPS or FED-Ex so that you can track the certificates.

thanks -- i will send by certified mail definitely -- and make copies.

if i need to make final payment by jan 14 and i wont get another 3 or 4 certs more until end of jan/early feb. i have read that the credit card you use for the redemption will be credited $500. Is that true?

thanks -- i will send by certified mail definitely -- and make copies.

if i need to make final payment by jan 14 and i wont get another 3 or 4 certs more until end of jan/early feb. i have read that the credit card you use for the redemption will be credited $500. Is that true?

True-so long as you don't send in more in coupons that the cruise costs.

ie: If your cruise costs $1200 and you send in $1500 in coupons you'll lose $300 (value used is just to keep it simple)

-Monte

I sent mine FedEx yesterday, just checked tracking and it's been delivered and signed for. I printed out the delivery info in case I need to prove it arrived at NCL. Still waiting to hear if anyone else has sent in vouchers AFTER final payment. Anyone out there who can tell me?

Okay...what are NCL reward points and how do you get them? I've been on one NCL cruise and have one booked for May, '07.

They are points earned with the NCL Mastercard. You earn 3 points for every $100 spent and 4 points for every $100 spent on NCL. Once you earn 500 points, you can order a certificate to send in and have that amount deducted from your final payment. I just sent in $2000 worth of certificates for my next cruise. It is the best deal out there, I think. Here is a link I found to the application: https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=KWYS&mc=A000001QFY

Oh oh' date=' hope I didn't make a mistake sending them in AFTER I made my final payment. Has anyone else done it this way? If so, did they credit your charge card?[/quote']

I booked the Pearl 4 nighter for DH and me through a Personal Cruise Consultant at NCL, and since it was already final payment due, I paid the whole thing. Then ordered a B of A cert. and sent it directly to NCL. The credit is supposed to show up this billing cycle.

After that I booked the Pearl transatl. just for me and again, since it was a late booking, I paid the whole thing as final payment was already due. Then ordered a cert. I was again told that as long as the cert. is received and processed prior to actual sailing date it would be OK (but, of course, I was "out" the whole amount due) . Again I've received an email showing credit will be reflected directly to my credit card's next bill.

The 2nd process, however, had a bit of a wrinkle. The cert. was in DH's name (he is the primary cardholder) but I was travelling solo. So the name on the rsvn did not match the cert. nameholder. I had to wait for a couple of weeks while NCL contacted the credit card company to verify that I was in fact on the a/c.

So be sure to allow enough time.

Just something to keep in mind if you have multiple NCL credit cards in different names. It did get worked out before sailing date.:)

Gotta love the whole program!:D

• 1 month later...

Regarding reward points? What are these people talking about when they refer to coupons and or certificates?? I have a credit card MBNA that I have about 900 points with. How does that relate to $$$ dollars? How do I redeem the 900 points?

Thanks I am new to this web site, so have patience with me.

Billy7312mac

Archived