international pier cozumel car rental

Does anyone have info on whether or not car rental agencies are available at the international pier in Cozumel?, or are they all located in the city?

I just rented from Avis at the Pier two weeks ago. I made reservations online thru Travelocity, since it beat Avis webiste prices. The Avis site quoted a van at $139 and Travelocity $79. We also rented a small car from $38 with taxes included. We actually chose the location for the hotel down the street location, but when we arrived at the pier I saw an Avis sign and asked the guys there and they said we could pick up at the pier. We did the paperwork and they had the car come from the hotel and was delivered to us. Saved us having to pay cab fare and you could shop while you waited. We were then told to drop the car off at the same location, at the pier. Made it SOOO easy. Check around for prices.

The first time we went to Cozumel, we walked off the ship, into a car rental agency at the port (I'm thinking it was Budget maybe) and rented a jeep on the spot. All of the cruise line excusions would only allow 4 people per jeep. We had 3 of our kids and the rental agency had no problem allowing us to have 5 in the jeep. We drove to Mr. Sanchos's beach and all around the city, too. All on our own schedule. This was in December 2004.

Hertz, Avis, and Alamo are located right inside the shopping area at the International Pier. Walk straight in from the dock, keep going, and you will find them located in the righthand corner. We used Avis. If you make a reservation on their website, use the Terminal Maritima as your pick-up location.

Archived