Taking 4 Kids! :)

mom4kids

Hi my husband and I are taking our 4 kids on NCL Dream Jan 13. One of the stops is Belize. Can anyone give us ideas of things to do with them? Age 6 -15. A lot of the excursions on board are $$ and with 6 people... Would love to hear from anyone who has been there. I know that with a lot of ports you can find cheaper deals when you get into port, but it helps to know what others have done. And I know that we might be crazy for taking 4 kids, :eek: but we all need a break! Stressful year! And knowing what to expect helps alot! Thanks.

Holland America - Dec 2000

Holland America - Jan 2003

Carnival - Jan 2006 (with 4 kids)

NCl - Jan 2007 (with 4 kids)

I don't think your crazy....I am a single mom of 4 and have taken my kids on a cruise :)

We all sailed on the Carnival Legend last month and spent a day in Belize. We had a great time doing a snorkel/beach break excursion and I did this myself with 5 kids in tow (mine and their cousin) ranging in age from 9 to 17.

You will tender in Belize and at the port area there is really not much to do....shopping and food/bars but not much fun for kids so I would definetly suggest some type of excursion in Belize.

The cruiseline has several to choos from but there are some reputable private tour operators which you can read about here on the boards.

I have been to Belize on a cruise two times this past year and both times I actually chose to book directly with the cruiseline. The excursion boat (if your excursion goes via boat) will pick you up right at the ship rather than having to tender over first and then get on another boat. If you opt for a sight seeing/ruins tour then this does not apply.

Archived