Flying in and out of HNL

gas103

I read somewhere once the best side of the plane to set on for the best view flying in and out of HNL. Can anyone help?

I would say the left side.....you see Pearl Harbor flying in, but you are low and it is quick......and on take off you see Diamond Head as you fly over Honolulu....:)

Most of the time you do want to sit on the left side. That said if the winds are not cooperating then you need to be on the right side as your approach will be from the other direction. This has happened to us perhaps 3 times in 30 years of flying in and out of Honolulu.. But you won't know in advance so choose the left side.

One travel book said to set on the left side going and right side coming home. They gave no other info.

Is this "home" referring to home as in Hawaii or home as another destination.

Arriving Honolulu as Mike and I have previously posted - sit on the left.

Between us I am sure we have flown in and out of Honolulu many many many times and the left side of the aircraft (facing forward) is the best and only in rare instances does this change. Those instances when it would change are difficult to plan as it depends on the winds.

Archived