Wyndham at Cable Beach or British Colonial Hilton?

tflanag1

For those of you with knowledge of both beaches, which would you recommend?

My girlfriend and I will only be on Nassau for about 5 hours, and we are just looking to relax and swim at a nice beach. I've read that both these hotels offer day passes for $15, so I was just wondering which beach has nicer water and is more picturesque?

For those of you with knowledge of both beaches, which would you recommend?

My girlfriend and I will only be on Nassau for about 5 hours, and we are just looking to relax and swim at a nice beach. I've read that both these hotels offer day passes for $15, so I was just wondering which beach has nicer water and is more picturesque?

The view from the beach at the BCH is literally the cruiseships in port that day.

My Wife and I did the BCH in September and plan on going back in about a month.

Neither of us is big with swimming in the ocean or laying on the beach, so the pool at the BCH, with the beach just a few feet away was perfect for us.

We preferred having the walk back to the ship being only 10-15 minutes versus cab (or jitney) rides.

(Plus watching the ships docking was interesting.)

I'd imagine if you enjoy swimming in the ocean and want turquoise water, you would probably want to try Cable Beach on the ocean versus the BCH's beach which is in the Bay.(which I would equate the water there to Ocean City, Maryland ,Virginia Beach or Myrtle Beach, SC)

If you want a nice, quiet pool to lounge by, with close access to a beach and an incredibly short walk to and from your ship, the BCH was great.

Bill

We have stayed at the Wyndham a several times and we will be going back Jan 13-17. We love the beach (and the view) at the Wyndham.

Not sure about the day pass because we usually do a land vacation when we go to the Bahamas-but I do reccomend the Wyndham. We have stayed at the Atlantis but always come back to Wyndham.

Archived