Westerdam Eastern Carib cruise

sandiego1

We are on an upcoming cruise to:

Grand Turk

Tortola

St. Maarten

Half Moon Cay

Does anyone have a copy of the daily papers delivered to the cabins? In particular, I would like to know:

- which nights are the 2 formal nights?

- what times are the shows each night?

I know that "typically" formal nights are the 2 nights at sea and there are 2 shows per night (1 for early seating and 1 for late seating). But I told my in-laws that I would ask if anyone had the details for this particular cruise.

Thanks in advance for any info!

I don't have any daily newsletters but I can tell you that the main shows are 8:30 for early diners and 10:00 for the late diners. Sometimes they will have a "game show" like the Newlywed / Millionaire / Liars Club before the 8:30 show around 7:30 so the late diners can see the show and then go on to dinner. We usually have early dining so we get to go to all the activities in the evening. Some ships then have trivia at 9:45 pm after the 8:30 stage show. We love trivia and try not to miss any that the ship has scheduled.

Hey sandiego1,

Just got off the Westerdam a couple of weeks ago for the Eastern Caribbean itinerary - I have all of the daily programs right in front of me.

The formal nights were Monday and Friday (the two sea days, just as you suggested). We did not have an informal night - not sure if that's normally what happens, but that was the case on our sailing.

The shows were at 8:30pm for early seating guests and 10:30pm for main seating guests with the exception of the night of embarkation and the night before disembarkation - those nights it was 6:45 for main seating guests and 8:30 for early seating guests.

Have fun, its a great itinerary! :)

Hey Schplinky - you guys must be getting excited, huh?

I just posted about this on my review thread (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=459716) - here is the info:

List of shows and entertainers taken from the Daily Program:

Sunday - "Up Front" featuring the cast of the Westerdam and comedian Bernie McGrenahan

Monday - "Grand Tour" featuring the cast of the Westerdam

Tuesday - "A Tribute to the Divas", featured vocalist Alfreda Gerald

Wednesday - The comedy of Bernie McGrenahan

Thursday - Olympian Lance Ringald (variety show)

Friday - "Stage and Screen" featuring the cast of the Westerdam

Saturday - "Farewell Variety Show" featuring Lance Ringald and Alfreda Gerald

Music & Dancing, daily:

Jana and the Hal Cats - Crow's Nest

Phil Conti - Piano, Crow's Nest

Crystal - Ocean Bar

Moonlight Strings - Explorer's Lounge

Robert Kent - Piano Bar

While I'm not sure that any one of the cast shows was solely broadway-themed, there are usually broadway-style shows, so they often contain lots of great musical selections. We didn't actually make it to any of the production shows, but, I can tell you that if you get a chance to see Alfreda Gerald, don't miss it! She's awesome :)

when do you go on your cruise? I can't wait to see the daily papers!!

Thanks in advance. I was going to keep them too to try to post for others. I've gleaned so much info off this board, that I thought it would be good info to have to pass onto others.

Archived