Mexican Riviera Port Reviews from 12/19-12/21/06

lovebug33

Okay, here is my review of what we did in port. We went on the Diamond Princess and did all of their excursions.

Puerta Vallarta: We went on the Sierra Madre Nature Expedition. This was the most fun we had in any port. Our guide was excellent and taught us a lot about the area and the people, which is helpful in my job (I teach a lot of students from Mexico). We got onto what they called a yellow limousine, which was a huge, open air truck. We got out of Puerta Vallarta and went into the forest, stopped at a town, stopped at a lady's house to get tortillas, went on a nature walk, and had lunch on the beach. We were lucky to have only seven people on our tour. This was a day long, so we didn't get to see much of Puerta, except for an open air market, but we loved the tour.

Mazatlan: We had signed up for Deer Island Kayaking, but we got on the boat to go there and the seas were too rough, so it got canceled. We were really disappointed because this was the one we were really looking forward to. However, Princess put us on a lunch, shopping, and show excursion. We saw the Papantla flyers, which were neat, and had lunch at a restaurant on the beach. The hotel I think was called the Playa and we were allowed to do whatever we wanted at the hotel, which would have been nice if it wasn't so cold! While it wasn't the excitement we were looking for, we enjoyed it and it did save us about 100 dollars! We didn't really like the stores because they were crowded and the people kept running at us with stuff, but that is typical Mexico, I think!

Cabo San Lucas: We went on the Baja ATV adventure. It was a lot of fun. We went out into this desert preserve and rode the ATV's. We were covered in a fine layer of dirt, though, when we were done. Then, we went shopping. We loved the Gigglin' Marlin where we ate lunch. We liked the stores in Cabo better than Mazatlan because there weren't so many people and the whole place seemed cleaner.

All in all, every excursion was great and we had a great time in Mexico.

Archived