Rental car in Kauai

bambi66

Hello all ;)

I just searched for this and came up empty handed. I am cruising on 1/8/07 on NCLA Pride of Hawaii and would like some advice on where and whom to rent a car from in Kauai. If my memory isn't failing me was it at the Princeville hotel which is close to the port ? Thanks and Happy New Year!!

I just got back from PO Hawaii, & we Pricelined a convertible in every port.

They came to the pier in a small bus & took us to the airport for pick-up and took us back to the pier. We got Hertz in 3 locations and Enterprise in another. The convertible was the best way, and the most fun for small groups. The back seat gets the best view, but windy, never cold in any location. Just 23 more days til I'm on the NCL Dream.

:)

We were on POH on 12/11 and rented from Thrifty and it was about a 5-10 minute trip from the pier to the rental office. The longest you would have to wait for the shuttle is probably 30 minutes at the pier. Which ever company you decide, sign up for their "program" before you make your rental reservations. For Thrify it is Blue Chip. It will save you time as they will already have your information which they can just pull up rather than having to key it in from your dr lic, cc, etc. For Thrify there was a separate dedicated line for Blue Chip members.

Hello all ;)

I just searched for this and came up empty handed. I am cruising on 1/8/07 on NCLA Pride of Hawaii and would like some advice on where and whom to rent a car from in Kauai. If my memory isn't failing me was it at the Princeville hotel which is close to the port ? Thanks and Happy New Year!!

Princeville is a long ways from the port. Lihue is what you are thinking of.

We rented in Kauai from Alamo.... actually - that was the one we rented from in 3 ports. Shuttle picks you up and takes you to the airport for pick up and takes you back at the end of the day. Just ask them when the last shuttle is, etc.

And because we didn't have to give cc ahead of time, we weren't charged when our ship didn't port in Kona. I believe if you Priceline it, you have to pay in advance and if you don't port, you miss out. But I could be mistaken.

Archived