Grand Princess- Fun zone for toddler questions

myraid

We are just back from the Star Princess in early December. Our son had a blast in the splash pool as well as on all of the "big wheel" trucks that he was able to ride on in one area of the fun zone. We are booked on the Grand for Dec 2007 and was wondering if anyone knew if they also have those trucks on the Grand. I have tried searching, but it's difficult to find that specific information, so I was hoping someone has some experience on the Grand. He will be 2 1/2 at the time, so still a bit too young for the over 3 program, but I know he will still have a blast (he did on the Star and he was only 20 months!).

Thanks!

Sorry I have never heard of this. But can you confirm something for me....they have a water play area for toddlers on Star Princess????? I had never heard that before. I am so excited that there may be other options out there for young children.

As far as I've ever seen, the only cruiseline that allows diapered toddlers in a spray area is Disney. Now Star Princess?

Yes, on the Star Princess, they had a little splash pool (I think it was actually called a "paddling pool") just opposite the area where the ride-on trucks were (they had both "princess" and "hot wheels" trucks). It was so fun- my son went back and forth between the two areas. It was outside of the fun zone, so you weren't technically in the fun zone area. We went there about 4 times and we were the only ones there! It was one of the best part of our cruise!

From the deck plan, it looks like there is a similar area on the Grand, but I'm not sure.

We found the Star to be just great for our son. He loved it.

Sorry I have never heard of this. But can you confirm something for me....they have a water play area for toddlers on Star Princess????? I had never heard that before. I am so excited that there may be other options out there for young children.

As far as I've ever seen, the only cruiseline that allows diapered toddlers in a spray area is Disney. Now Star Princess?

This is NOT to start a debate about whether it's right/fair/lawful/sanitary, etc. (please, we know where everyone stands on this WELL-covered topic) - I'm just reporting that in my experience on two cruises, the toddler splash pools on both the Sapphire Princess and Diamond Princess are used by babies & toddlers in swim diapers. The pool is the size of a large bathtub and is constantly flushing. I know from reading dozens of posts on the topic that this is illegal, unsanitary and against the rules, so you can't take the cruise counting on using the pool, but on the two cruises I took on these ships, I saw swim diapers used on a daily basis in that pool.

Best,

Mia

This is NOT to start a debate about whether it's right/fair/lawful/sanitary' date=' etc. ([i']please[/i], we know where everyone stands on this WELL-covered topic) - I'm just reporting that in my experience on two cruises, the toddler splash pools on both the Sapphire Princess and Diamond Princess are used by babies & toddlers in swim diapers. The pool is the size of a large bathtub and is constantly flushing. I know from reading dozens of posts on the topic that this is illegal, unsanitary and against the rules, so you can't take the cruise counting on using the pool, but on the two cruises I took on these ships, I saw swim diapers used on a daily basis in that pool.

Best,

Mia

Ahhhh yeah I gotcha. That's what I thought. I was hoping that maybe another cruiseline would think it wise to have a toddler area with little water that constantly drains...but I guess not.

It's not so much for me anymore (my kids all potty trained ;) ) It's for friends with kids who aren't.

Oh well.

Archived