Nanny & 2 small children

alisa726

We have not taken our children on a cruise yet (4 & 2). But we are thinking about next year (5 & 3 so they can go to the kid zones). We have a live in nanny now so my husband & I cruise often and leave them home. When we go on family vacations she goes with us.

Even though there are kid zones, I will most likely still take Nanny with us. What cruise lines should I look at? What is the best cabin arrangement (adjoining rooms or across hall)? Any other information on cruises with 2 small children & hired help would be great. DH was looking at suites with 3-4 bedrooms, any thoughts? I was thinking inside room for kids and nanny so they would be safer than getting out on a balcony. What destinations do kids enjoy most?

I haven't been on a Disney cruise, but my suggestion would be to try for the Roy and Walt Disney suites on the respective Magic and Wonder. You'd all be in the same cabin, but I believe there would be plenty of room(s) for all. Plus I think they have a balcony for the grown ups. Oh and I think they also have their own cabin steward, so you would get more attention if you need it.

You're not going to find a suite on any ship that has three or four bedrooms located in one suite---not even on the luxury lines. I think that two bedrooms for one suite is the most there is---unless you book two, two bedroom suites together. I don't think that even the huge Balmoral suite on QM2 has that many bedrooms, and those are the most expensive suites at sea. Royal Caribbean has Royal Family suites that have two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Your best bet might be for you and your husband to have an outside balcony cabin and the children to have an inside right across the hall. You must book early for this, as those inside cabins book very early.

We took our Nanny with us years ago and we reserved 2 joining cabins. It worked out really well and even the Nanny had fun. She had her time when the kids were doing their thing. You could do any cruise as the kids would stay busy with the kids program.

Archived