Miracle

bobodavis

There is a problem with the seals on the starboard azipod slew bearing. They can manage it for now but they cancelled the 8/28 cruise to put in for repairs. The ship will be back in service in a week and begin a series of cruises out of Baltimore starting 9/5.

Jim

Where do you people get your information??? I contacted Carnival directly and there is no docking of any sort scheduled until 2005. There are many rumors about docking on a number of dates, but I don't believe that any are factual.

If someone has other information that is factual and can give a verifiable source, I'd really like to know.

Mark T.

Many of the 8/28 cruisers posted here because their trip was cancelled! :(

I was concerned that it would not be ready by the next week (our cruise) so I called. Was told by Carnival that it would only affect our cruise in the fact that we will not be able to board until 730PM!! we will not be leaving the Baltimore port until 10PM. Most trips allow you to board by noon. We will be missing about 7 hours of our trip. At least we were not cancelled, so I am thankful for that. This is the first run out of Baltimore from NY since April and May of this year. I can't remember if it was in Baltimore or New York in June.

I contacted Carnival directly and there is no docking of any sort scheduled until 2005.

Mark T.

Who on Earth did you speak to?

It was Carnival that offered refunds, or reassignment to other Miracle sailings or even Legend sailings for the pax that were displaced.

Are you sure it was a docking, and not leased out? Just going by what Carnival told me.

Mark T.

Why just not read it yourself:

June 5, 2004

Carnival Cancels Miracle Summer Sailing

At least passengers get fair warning -- Carnival is announcing that, due to propulsion problems on its new Carnival Miracle, it has canceled the August 28 sailing in order to put the ship into dry dock.

Affected passengers are being offered several options -- all of which sail, roundtrip, from Miracle's summer home port of New York:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1125

Archived