Acapulco Restaurant recommendations

G&L in WPG

Hi All,

We are on the 02/26/07 sailing of the NCL Star, and Acapulco is the only port we will be in long enough to enjoy dinner off the ship. None of us have been there before, although we have travelled PV quite extensively (feel free to ask PV questions). Any recommendations for restuarants that would be similar to the following in PV:

Buenos Airies (Argentinian Steak house in the Marina)

Barcelona Tapas (Spanish Tapas Downtown)

Pipi's (fun Mexican downtown)

Any bars on the beach similar to Burro's on Playa de las Muertos in PV?

Thanks for any help!

There are many restaurants to choose from.

Su Casa, on the mountainside overlooking ACA and the bay always gets high marks. I'll place it at the top of my recommendations.

Pipo's and El Amigo Miguel near the Zocalo are excellent choices for seafood. I favor El Amigo Miguel.

La Casa de Tere is a great choice for off the beaten path local fare, located close to the waterfront.

Beto's and Paradise at Playa Condesa overlook the bay and are highly regarded.

I'd stick to Mexican food, as contrasted with Argentinian or Spanish offerings.

What is your budget and what are you in the mood for? Some restaurants require reservations. Also, it depends on what day of the week you will be in Acapulco as some restaurants close of Mondays. Acapulco is not small (over 1.5 million live there full or part-time). If you want to stick with Mexican food as GoMexico suggested, how adventurous are you? There is fine Mexican Cuisine, regular Mexican, Tex-Mex Mexican has even made it to Mexico now, and Mexican seafood. Do you want something with a jaw dropping view, etc. I have not been in Acapulco for about 10 years but there are also some fine restaurants along the Carretera Esenica which goes toward the airport. You do not have to travel far as the ones I am talking about are between the naval base and Las Brisas Hotel. Keep in mind that there are also your average tourist trap restaurants.

Archived