Reasonable To Drive To Rum Point And Hell?

jck720

We will be in port from 7:00-4:00 and plan on renting a car. Would it be reasonable to drive to Rum Point, spend a few hours, and then drive to Hell? I know that they are in opposite directions, and that it takes +/- 45 minutes each way to Rum Point. I don't have a feel for how long it will take to get to Hell and back. Would we be better off just going to Rum Point and calling it good? Thanks for any suggestions.

If you are in port from 7-4 I would suggest just going to Rum Point. Traffic gets really bad around 1:00 to 3:00. Leave yourself plenty of time getting back from Rum Point. If you really want go to Hell i would go first thing in the morning. It is about 20 minutes in the opposite direction from the port. Hell is neat to see but there isn't anything to do except mail a postcard and buy a t-shirt. We went in June and only spent about 15 or 20 minutes at Hell. Have a good trip....You'll love Rum Point. Look for conch shells...you can find them in the water very close to shore.

Archived