Corkage

armandpaul

From the September 2006 Passage Contract...

5. AGE REQUIREMENTS; DRINKING AGE; GAMING AGE; ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES

The minimum passenger age is 6 months on Alaska, Canada/New England, Caribbean, Europe, Mexico and Transcanal

cruises, and 12 months on all other cruises. Passengers under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a Passenger

over the age of 21. In addition to proof of citizenship, regardless of the relationship of the adult traveling companion, all

children must have a notarized letter(s) of consent to travel signed by the non traveling parent(s) or legal guardian(s) if

both parents or legal guardians are not traveling with the child. This written consent must be presented at embarkation

and accompany the child during his or her cruise. Children accompanied by only one parent must present a notarized

letter of consent to travel signed by the other parent, unless sole legal custody has been granted. In the case of divorce,

adoption or other circumstances, the parent or legal guardian is required to present proof of sole legal custody of the

child. The Passengers may be refused boarding if they are unable to produce documentation that the child may travel

with the adults who are present. No alcohol may be purchased or consumed by any Passengers under the age of 21. No

Passenger under the age of 21 shall be permitted to engage in any gaming activities on board the ship.

Carrier kindly requests that You do not bring alcoholic beverages of any kind (except wine and champagne) on board for

consumption. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free, from the ship’s gift shop, or at ports of call will be collected

by Carrier personnel for safekeeping and delivered to Your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. A member of

PASSAGE CONTRACT 09/06

PASSAGE CONTRACT

Carrier’s security staff will be at the gangway to assist with the storage of Your alcoholic beverage purchases. A corkage

fee of $15.00 per bottle will be applied to wine and champagne consumed in the ship’s restaurant.

Looks to me like different cruises are getting different dated contracts. For my upcoming cruise on Jan 6th I received a contract dated 10/05 that still shows the $10 corkage fee. This could cause a bit of confusion but nothing to get worked up about.:) If they charge me $15 it's a small price to pay to enjoy a wine of my choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Laphroaig -- very fine and peaty.

My late grandfather was a real Scotch lover, and you should have seen the way he lit up when I returned from London with a bottle of Balvenie for him. I don't particularly care for Scotch, but I even enjoyed that one. ;)

I am not commenting on whether one should bring wine to the dining room--everyone has his reasons , romantic or oenophile.(not sure about spelling :)

However, I received my cruise passage (for cruise Mar. 17) only yesterday. It says $10 per bottle. the cruise contract says "revised 10/05"

do we have different versions of passenger contract out in circulation?

Archived