transportation to the port in Miami?

Jenzkind

Hi! I'm planning a wedding on board a ship that leaves from Miami in March '08. I will have about 35 people attending the ceremony, with half of those sailing on the cruise.

From reading the reviews of other weddings, it seems that it's important that the all the guests arrive with the bride and groom and be on time. That worries me....my friends and family are always late! LOL

Anyway, I'm going to try to get a group discount at a hotel so we can all stay in the same one. And, I'm going to plan a picnic or something for the day before the wedding so that everyone will arrive one day ahead of time and ensure there are no problems with late flights or anything.

So, I was thinking that maybe we should rent a shuttle from the hotel to the port on the day of the wedding. That way, there'd be no excuses for everyone to be late (unless they miss the shuttle!) Depending on prices, I'd use them to also provide transportation for everyone from the hotel to the picnic site and back the day before.

Has anyone done this? Can you tell me what shuttle co. you used and what your experience was?

Thanks!

Jen

Archived