Which ship?

Orcrone

Thank you for an excellent collection of photos from the Zui.
You mean you haven't seen them already? They're over a year old. Suffering from any memory loss lately Rev ;) ?

But seriously, thanks for the kind words. As I said, I'm about to reload all of the photos because the original editing was not done on a calibrated monitor (BIG no-no) which means my brightness/contrast adjustments are all off. I was a novice to digital imaging at the time; that was the first trip I ever took with a digital camera.

Once again thanks for your insight.
You're quite welcome. If I didn't like doing it I wouldn't be here!

It's good to hear that you were on the Zuiderdam during spring break and it didn't feel crowded.
Some people have accused me of being overly negative about the ship (I don't believe I was) but that's one thing you can't fault about these ships... Even when over 100% capacity (that is, with third and fourth berths filled) there is tons of space per passenger.

This is aided by a full two-thirds of cabins having private balconies, which means more people spend time on their balconies and fewer on the public open decks, which on my cruise left acres and acres of open deck space for peons like me in the non-balcony third of the ship.

Also, having never sailed on Princess I did not realize that PC is an option.
Yes. On all Princess ships there is one dining room which has a fixed sitting. On ships that only have one dining room (ROYAL, REGAL, TAHITIAN, PACIFIC) there is no PC dining at all.

This is how Princess' Personal Choice differs from NCL's Freestyle (also, on NCL ships, each main dining room has a different menu; on Princess ships the main dining rooms have the same menu each night, with the exception of DIAMOND and SAPPHIRE which have a very complicated system with five main dining rooms each of which offers the regular nightly menu plus a fixed specialty menu corresponding to that restaurant's theme).

My last cruise on Princess was just before PC dining was introduced, at that time all three main dining rooms on the GRAND-class ships had traditional dining.

getting a balcony for over $100 less per person than an outside room was a no-brainer.
Oh, absolutely. And a doubt the cabin itself is much nicer too (OK, the ones on the Princess ships are, I think, decorated and furnished more nicely, but they're far, far smaller).

Anyhow you must be in a good mood with two cruises planned... Have fun!

Anyhow you must be in a good mood with two cruises planned... Have fun!

I'm in a great mood but I'm driving my family CRAZY. Just got another promo today from my TA, promo 267. When I called about it I was told that it would bring down the cost of our room (cat. AA verandah) by $18 pp. But if we spent another $185 pp for an SS room, we'd get a $100 pp shipboard credit. So now I have us looking at changing to SS rooms for essentially $85 pp extra.

My brother figures that it will be over once we're done with this but I corrected him. He doesn't know how much time I spend here. Told him lots more planning to do. Do we go to the Pinnacle. If we do how about the first night. Have to go through the shore excursions too. Do we book these through HAL or do we do them seperately. Even talked about the dress code issue a little.:eek: His head is sufficiently spinning by now.:D

Archived