How early to pier for check-in?

newistcruiseaddict

Okay...so what's the recommended time to arrive at the pier for check in. We got there about 1.5 hrs before departure last time..breezed thru all the lines with very little wait, but unfortunately didn't have as much time to explore the ship before the drill/dinner as we would have liked. Our ship departs at 4PM. I can't find any hard literature that says what the earliest time you can arrive is...just an estimate of 4 to 5 hours before hand. Recommendations anyone? I realize that if you go too early you risk being part of a mob but I would like a little more time to explore.

It depends on what time our flight arrives, but we always try to get in early rather than later. You can get into your stateroom after 1:00 pm so you spend time on deck with your carry-ons if you go earlier, but we enjoy the buffet for lunch, have a drink, relax and then go to our room about 1:00. Make sure you bring clothes to change into if you are coming from a cooler climate. You can always change in the restrooms.

Archived