Karaoke on Millennium???

SWLinPHX

Hi...

I am taking the Aug. 27, 10-day cruise from Venice to Barcelona on Millennium and am a big karaoke fan. I find it is a great way to "break the ice" and meet people and was wondering if it is offered on board Millennium, how often and if you can bring your own karaoke discs. I know activity schedules may vary, but if anyone who has been onboard the Millennium (or even other Millennium-class ships) recently could let me know I would surely appreciate it, thanks! :)

We were on the Millie for a 12-night from Barcelona to Venice June 2-14. I have looked through the daily schedules, and it appears karaoke was offered 3 times, each from 10:30p-12:15a, as follows: 3rd night (Extreme Sports Bar), 6th night (Rendez-Vous Lounge), and 10th night (Extreme Sports Bar). We never participated, but we walked by on the 10th night on our way somewhere else, and there were 6-8 people there sometime around 11. It could have been rocking later?

On this particular sailing, the night life was pretty dead. It is my understanding that Med cruises are commonly quiet--but I am sure it all depends on the pax complement. Because the Med is a port-intensive trip, even party hardy types often skip late night fun in favor of the bed!

Obviously, I don't know anything about the disc arrangement. I didn't even know that karaoke enthusiasts traveled with their own discs!

Good luck! I imagine all of the karaoke folks like you will make a point to go that first time--and if that session turns into a great, big fun time, then I'm sure you'll be able to keep that karaoke party rolling the entire cruise.

Thanks Artemis (nice Greek name, are you Greek?).

Our cruise is privately chartered, so a little more costly and will be no children or elderly people, mostly ages 18-65. Still, I know many will be "burning the candle at both ends" staying up and doing the excursions. I don't plan to knock myself out too much, but karaoke is a great way for me to meet people on board!

We were on the Millennium transatlantic October 2003 which was 14 nights. I think that there were three karoke nights planned. They added a fourth night, moved it from the smaller Rendevous to the larger Cosmos and, on the last night, extended it an hour because it was so popular. Guess it depends on the crowd.

Regards

Everyone on this board will want to know how in the heck they can swing a privately charted Med cruise on a Celeb ship with no kids! (I'm a family cruiser who takes that beating all of the time.)

Seriously, it sounds like y'all will have a great time together, and I'd guess that because you are a charter, you might have more "pull" with the CD's staff with regard to specially requesting your karaoke times, frequency, places, custom discs, etc. We found the on board management personnel to be very professional, cordial and desirous of providing top notch customer service.

Diana (Roman) is my given name, so Artemis is the perfect handle. I confess, I succumbed to a few tacky goddess souvenir purchases in Greece!

Enjoy your cruise! It's a great trip. Don't hesitate to email me if you have any other questions. Since I pulled it out to answer your karaoke question, I have decided that the stack of each day's Celebrity Today! is not moving any farther til I finish my trip report, LOL.

Enjoy your cruise! It's a great trip. Don't hesitate to email me if you have any other questions.

Hey, thanks Diana. :)

I am Greek background so thought I'd ask, but haven't been back since I was a child in 1976!

I chartered the cruise which means you pay a bit more, but I like them cuz you are in a very "loose" and relaxed atmosphere where the staff does not have to cater to such a wide and mainstream demographic as they do when accommodating toddlers thru seniors in a G-rated atmosphere. The crew really appreciates their "break" from the same-old routine and has a lot of fun with us! They tell us they look forward to them every year. The only thing is the ship often runs out of alcohol and has to reload on one of the stops, as there are more who are likely to drink on a cruise such as this, but they love the extra revenue & tips they get from alcohol sales, LOL.

However, on my last cruise, they changed the karaoke schedule and cut down on the nights to accommodate all the other extra entertainment and activities offered. :(

We were on a M class ship last year and one couple did bring their own collection of disks. They were very open to letting them use their selection when they wanted to as well as other people asking them if they had a song that the ship did not have.

We did the 13 Night Meditteranean last August and there was 3 Karaoke nights. The last one being "Celebrity Idol" night. It was also the last formal night and the night of Le Grand Buffet. I wish they had Karaoke more. I love it too. I think on my last 7 night cruise they only had it once.

...how do I get invited to your next charter?!? lol It sounds like an absolute blast. And if you haven't been back to Greece in such a long time, well, just be prepared to lose your heart and soul for good. The Greek Isles were the highlight of the cruise itinerary for us.

Have fun with your group!

Archived