Snorkeling and Shark/Ray Alley,which tour?

cruisegirl_DE

We will be in Belize in a couple of weeks, and we want to snorkel at the reef, go to Shark/Ray Alley, and go to Caye Caulker. I have found several different people to do this with at varying prices. Can anyone recommend any of them. I have looked into Ecotours, Tsunami Adventures, Startours and Coral Breeze. I am new at this and any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

You'll get several responses with everyone's personal favorites. We used Coral Breeze in August and loved them. The tour was perfect! They did everything they said they would and more. Very professional, very personable, very safety conscious.

They were easy to work with on-line before hand and answered all my questions. There were 16 of us together and all booked on our own and not one of us had a problem with them.

They get my vote hands down.

Enjoy!

We will be in Belize in a couple of weeks, and we want to snorkel at the reef, go to Shark/Ray Alley, and go to Caye Caulker. I have found several different people to do this with at varying prices. Can anyone recommend any of them. I have looked into Ecotours, Tsunami Adventures, Startours and Coral Breeze. I am new at this and any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

The same with us, we were there this past Nov. and Coral Breeze provided exactly the tour that they said that they would. Whether you are snorkeling for the first time, or are experienced at this, they will be swimming along side of you and monitoring the group, they will put you at ease . We have some terrific memories and photos (see link below) of our time in Belize.

Randy

We used Coral Breeze. Easy to deal with online beforehand. Answered all of my questions. Tour was exactly as explained.

We actually had attempted to use them the year before but the tour was cancelled because of wind (safety concerns). We went to Belize on a cruise the next year (2005) and booked again. We were able to take the tour that time.

We used Coral Breeze last year as well. Generally had a great time but on that day nobody had caught any sardines on the island so we couldn't feed the rays. The captain did stop and start the motor a couple of times and that brought them in including one nurse shark and a curious barracuda! We also snorkeled on a different part of the reef and Hiney led us all through. One problem - they didn't have any kids gear and my 10 year old couldn't get the big snorkel in her mouth, took in too much water, freaked out and had to stay on the boat. Meanwhile the group had already headed out and I had to find my way through the coral to catch up to them - quite an adventure. Great lunch on shore though and a very friendly crew - introduced to the best salsa we'd ever tasted and lots of fresh cold water on board. I'd go again but make sure kid have their own gear.

Archived