Drink coupons...help me understand how they work

MurfAtHome

I have been buying the cocktail/drink coupons for the past few months. This will help with the onboard account if I pay ahead. My question, what do I need to know about them? Also in the mornings, they have 2 for drinks, buy one get one free. How do the drink coupons work in this situation???

How do I tip the server???

thanks for your help and experiences with these coupons!!

Steph

I've never seen buy one get one free drinks, or 2 for drinks. I've seen reduced price mimosas, bloody's, etc... but nothing like you are referring to... so I wouldn't know how it would work. What ship do they do this on??

Some bartenders accept the coupons for drinks higher than face value... some don't. I haven't had a problem, but I tip in advance... they are useless on many beers and drinks, so just make sure you are getting your money's worth.

I also have never seen the buy one get one drinks. We have used coupons our last cruise and plan on using them this cruise also.(to help keep the sail and sign down also) Have not had a problem using them at all. When you purchased them online the tip is already included. If you wish to tip more in cash go for it. The server should NOT ask you for your folio number. I have been able to get the foo-foo drinks with it no problem. Some of the servers on the Lido would even bring them in the drink of the day glass (one coupon only) some would say they couldnt do it, that only happened once. the next server to come by said no problem.

Archived