Possible Bumping of Aft Cabins??

gooselover

We just secured Aft 1700 on Liberty of the Seas for 4/12/08 and we are really looking forward to this! However, the rep at RCL told me that we could be bumped if they need the cabin since we are booking for only 2 people. She was concerned about it being Easter time, but we looked and Easter is on March 23rd for 2006. The rep did say that we should be fien.

What does anybody know about this and has anybody experienced this?

I think you mean 2008!

We have a aft cabin for our sailing and I put a "DO NOT UPGRADE" order on my reservation because within 2 weeks of booking we got 5 calls wanting my room. My cabin though is only for 2 people so I am NOT giving it up.

Sue

We just secured Aft 1700 on Liberty of the Seas for 4/12/08 and we are really looking forward to this! However, the rep at RCL told me that we could be bumped if they need the cabin since we are booking for only 2 people. She was concerned about it being Easter time, but we looked and Easter is on March 23rd for 2006. The rep did say that we should be fien.

What does anybody know about this and has anybody experienced this?

Maybe not to legit but I'd go ahead and add a 3rd to your room and then just before final payment is due I'd cancel that dummy person. It may help.

Wait, I am a newbie cruiser--can someone clarify this?? How can RCI bump you from your cabin if you secured it already? :confused: We placed a down payment on our hump cabin for 08 and I will be livid if they move us!!! Please explain!

Wait, I am a newbie cruiser--can someone clarify this?? How can RCI bump you from your cabin if you secured it already? :confused: We placed a down payment on our hump cabin for 08 and I will be livid if they move us!!! Please explain!

If your cabin holds more than 2 and they need it for a larger party they could move you. Check the legend for the floor plan to see if your room holds more people. I wouldn't worry about it though but if it bothers you call and have a "do not Move" order put on your reservation

If your cabin holds more than 2 and they need it for a larger party they could move you. Check the legend for the floor plan to see if your room holds more people. I wouldn't worry about it though but if it bothers you call and have a "do not Move" order put on your reservation

A do not move order will not stop them from moving someone if they need the space. A do not upgrade does not help either. If you are two in a cabin and 4 people want to book in the same type cabin, they will move you to a 2 person cabin and sell yours to the party of 4. That is just how it works.

There was a big long thread about that once. I don't remember the title of the thread but think it was in the last year or less. Someone did have a nice corner aft and was bumped without realizing it right away. There was a lot of back and forth between them and RCI. I can't remember any of the details but do believe there was some sort of compensation in the end.

I sure wouldn't be happy about being bumped from either of my upcoming corner afts. I have them for a reason - other than just wanting to try it. In April, it's my first. I've worked for a couple of months at getting my daughters moved closer than the other corridor mid ship where they were and just last week got the inside room just across the hall. Even though one of them will be 21, I still want them close by for convenience.

The next corner aft is our cruise going through the Panama canal. No need to explain that choice.

If I was only me and my husband and not going through the canal, I'd take a bump to the RS...or maybe even the OS...

I have just this fear. It isn't the location of the room but the only connecting balcony rooms left on the ship were 4 person rooms and we booked one with 3 and one 2. The kids are connected to us. If they moved us then my kids are attached to some other family. I check the reservation daily to make sure the cabin number doesn't change.

Then I don't think it's likely you would be changed in your circumstances. Be sure the two reservations are linked together. If it was only your one cabin in the reservation, then you might have a very slim risk - and I mean VERY slim.

I had that problem of being moved once by an airline. I made my reservation and my young daughter's reservation at different times since we weren't doing the same round trip. It was at the time I went to print my boarding pass that I noticed they moved us apart. I made one call and they moved us back together and moved someone else around on that full flight.

I have just this fear. It isn't the location of the room but the only connecting balcony rooms left on the ship were 4 person rooms and we booked one with 3 and one 2. The kids are connected to us. If they moved us then my kids are attached to some other family. I check the reservation daily to make sure the cabin number doesn't change.

If these 2 rooms are linked in the system, I don't think you will have to worry about it. Especially if they know that the one room is for your children. Are they young or adults?

I booked an aft JS WAY IN ADVANCE for our NOS cruise on 02/02/08 because I WANT #1694. I don't want to go to all that trouble so I can hope it works out!

It doesn't seem fair that someone could get you bumped out of your room that you booked before them... :eek:

Okay, now I'm a little nervous! I've booked two aft cabins on Freedom of the Seas for December 9, 2007. I booked back in April. One cabin for my husband and myself and the other for my mother traveling alone. I am particularly nervous about my mother's cabin as she is a single (though I paid for two people in each cabin)....I handpicked our cabins (#1400, and #1704) because hubby and I won't cruise if we can't cruise aft!! There is no better place to be, IMHO!!!!

Anyway, now I'm nervous and if putting no upgrade or a do not move note on the reservation doesn't help...what do you do?!? We're Platinum members...does that help?

Counting the days,

Sam

PS- Hubby just informed me...he would be willing to upgrade for the Royal Suite ONLY!

If these 2 rooms are linked in the system, I don't think you will have to worry about it. Especially if they know that the one room is for your children. Are they young or adults?

Middle to high school age; not adults. If they moved us then they are breaking their own rule about children only being adjacent or across from parents.

Archived