Distilled water on the DAWN???

snsntiques

I will be sailing Sunday on the Dawn and wondering if I need to bring distilled water for my sleep machine, or is the Dawn water already distilled and OK to use??

Thanks for any help.

Don't know about the Dawn (but will in Oct). We were on the Jewel last May and she did not have any. We did find out though, that the water on the ship is filtered and in most cases cleaner then our tab water!

I looked this up on the web because I wondered the same thing about hubbys cpap. It said that reverse osmosis is used to make distilled water. Is this not true? I didn't know NCL water was filtered through reverse osmosis. We have a friend who has been on cpap for 20 years and has never used distilled water. He just uses plain old tap water and has never had a problem with it damaging his machine. I think we are going to take a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking up info on this same topic myself and found your thread! Another conversation about it said that the water coming from the tap was actually distilled.

My husband keeps forgetting to purchase distilled water for his, so he ends up using tap water from home half the time, and it hasn't hurt his humidifier. I think it would be somewhat less of a problem for the non-heated type humidifiers.

Just remember to bring an extension cord and a power strip so you'll have plenty of outlets.

Archived