Just back from Caribbean Princess

Junicruiser

We just returned home last night from a Xmas cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I was a bit apprehensive because I had heard some negative remarks about obnoxious children, horrible travel problems, etc. I am happy to report that it was a wonderful trip. Princess kept the children busy and well-supervised and made some swimming pools adults-only, which I very much appreciated. The staff was friendly, helpful and cheerful. The ship was immaculate and beautifully decorated and the food was delicious. We had a smooth travel both going and returning and no one lost our luggage! I am so relieved! My only complaint was the entertainers. :eek: They were mediocre at best. My son says he heard they were ditching the comedians because they realize that they are not popular with the passengers and will replace them with something else soon. I'm not sure who told him this, but he and my husband chatted with a lot of the bartenders and other staff, so I guess that is where they heard this. Princess did a wonderful job celebrating Xmas for us and the staff was hard-working and friendly. No complaints here!:D The only unfriendly jerk I saw was a passenger who treated the passenger services desk people very badly and made one of them cry. Let's face it, I bet the crew puts up with a lot of rude, demanding passengers. We had a wonderful Christmas cruise! Where shall I go next? ;)

Nice to here you had a great time, I know what you are saying about the way some of the staff get treated, my daughter is working on the CP now and she says they are not always that nice. I know some of it comes with the territory, but some poeple don't know where to draw the line.

Glad you had a good time, my daughter also works on the Caribbean Princess and I don't know how she puts up with some of the pax. She has worked on board various ships for almost 3 years and the stories she can tell are really something else!

Marie

We are on the 1/28 sailing and would like to know if the ship stayed on Florida time or did it change to local time? Thanks.
It changes to the same time as the time zone it happens to be sailing in. In St. Thomas & St. Maarten the time is 1 hour later (AST) than Florida.

Thank you for such a nice review of your cruise. My husband and I will be sailing with Princess for the first time on the 14th. We are veteran cruisers but wanted a "change" and have heard wonderful things about Princess. We can't wait to experience it ourselves! Any tips about getting around such a huge ship? Thanks for any and all advice, it will be greatly appreciated!

Archived