Smugglers Run

pjfnme

Hello. To anyone who has recently been horsebackriding at Smugglers Run...I am interested in contacting Trevor. I read on a post from back in March that his email address had changed to neonpltd@btl.net. Does anyone know if this is still correct? i have not gotten a response back.

Thanks!

Hi, Trevor emailed me back today as well. The return address on the email was... trevor@smugglersrunplantation.com

The first couple times I tried to contact him at the ....smugglersrunbelize address and they bounced back. The neon...address is the one I got ahold of him with. We are planning to use his services in March. When are you going there?

Hey...I got Trevor and got everything set up..but, he is wanting me to send my credit card info via email. Has anyone done this??? Is it okay?? I really dont want to send my info over the internet!!!

That would make me uncomfortable. The only way I would send a credit card # would be on a secure web site. Definitely NOT email! We still have not confirmed with Trevor yet. Waiting on a couple to decide. Trevor did give payment options but I assumed it was to be paid upon arrival. Please keep me posted!

I will definitely keep you posted. In his email he said they could call me for the information..so, when I emailed back I told him I was not comfortable sending it w/out a secure connection. I asked him to call me..but, I hope that I dont have to accept a collect call. There is no telling how expensive that would be! You have to make payment 2 weeks in advance but, if you don't get to make the tour due to ship docking issues, they don't charge your card. I have read A LOT of wonderful posts about Smugglers so, I know that they are on the up and up...I just wish they accepted PAYPAL!!! LOL

I will post back & let you know what happens...!

Goulaigan,

I did some research and discovered that it is really secure to send credit card info via email...as long as you take some steps to ensure it's security.

1. Break up the credit card info over a series of emails and spell out some of the numbers....i.e. two instead of 2.

Apparently the "bad guys" have a way to flag long strings of numbers on some emails (if they have hacked into the server which in itself is pretty unlikely). If the numbers are broken up it does not flag them and it passes by undetected.

2. Send you expiration date in yet another email.

3. Send you billing information in a last email.

This should ensure that no one is able to get all of your information.

I might do this but, I am waiting on email from Trevor about doing it this way. I will post back & let you know!

Hey,

When my family booked, I asked Trevor to call me. I gave him a date and time and he had Cathy call me. They are truely a first class operation. You will be happy you booked with them. Enjoy your trip.:p

pjfnme, Thanks for the credit card via email advice...... I still don't like the idea of sending credit card info that way! :(

You are right, pay-pal would sure make it easier. What is wrong with cash??:D

I have not found a negative post about smuggler's run anywhere. It really sounds like the perfect excursion for our party of 6 but; there is no way I am going to pay 100% of this in advance via credit card and email! There will be no recourse should something go wrong.

Thanks for keeping me posted!

Ooh and Northender.....the web site is www.smugglersrunplantation.com

Just confirmed our reservations last night. Rec'd email from Trevor that we could either email him our credit card info or he would have Cathy call me, I requested a call and rec'd one last night. Looks like we're all set. I'm really excited about this adventure!! it sounds great.

• 1 month later...

Northender, Sorry for the delay. I have not been monitoring this post while I wait for pjfnme. I think you have to contact Trevor and prearrange any tour etc. When you contact him he will explain rates and his different services. We will be going with him on March 07 and will be sure to leave a review on CC.

OOPs, I noticed a thread from you on the Grand Princess March 03 sailing. You are looking for patters from the cruise? I would be happy to send them to you but am uncertain if they would arrive on time. Mail service between Canada and the US sucks! If no one from the US offers, let me know and I will send them off to you. I will add contact information to my profile.

Archived