Car service NOT to use NY

momrox1

I also posted this on the Princess message board. Here is a copy of my letter to LINCOLN LIMO. I don't want to cause trouble, just prevent this nightmare from happening to someone else. The matter was only resolved because my Amex took pity on me and credited me half the amount which I thought was fair and is all I asked for. Lincoln Limo was in no way helpful and even accused me of not telling the truth. I DID ask the driver if possible to stop to pick up a tube of toothpaste and a bottle of wine IF ON THE WAY to REd Hook. I did not expect him to take over two hours with no traffic to go to REd Hook and to drive around Jamaica after I repeatedly said to forget it, just take us to the ship. I was actually told by the owner that there was no problem since I did not miss the ship!!

The week prior to pick up I called your limo service and double checked on where to meet the driver and made sure my reservation was intact. I was assured we would be met outside the baggage area. Upon arrival there was no driver. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and waited 10 minutes (in the cold-I had no jacket as we were going on a cruise and I didn't think I'd be outside). I finally called the # I had and was told the driver was in the airport somewhere but couldn't be located. I waited and waited and after several more calls-once being put on hold for 17 minutes- the driver appeared. At this point I had been outside for about 45 minutes. The driver had no right hand mirror and turned his body around completely every time he had to make a lane change..I thought I was going to die. I mentioned to him that they took away my toothpaste at the airport and he insisted on going into Jamaica to find some. AFter what seemed like forever we said please, forget it, just take us to Red Hook but he insisted and kept driving around what seemed like circles looking for toothpaste. He finally had me run into a deli in a neighborhood where I did not at all feel comfortable . He was a horrible driver. Several times I asked him to please stop slamming on the brakes as I was going to get sick. He also kept pulling over the side of the highway to open his trunk and read mapquest directions. It truly was the ride from hell. We arrived at our destination well over two hours after we got into the limo. I want to make it clear this had nothing to do with traffic. This was a horror show. I immediately called your company to complain before the ship sailed and was told to go on my trip and call upon my return to the States, where a compromise would be made. Well, to make matters worse, I called upon my return and was told I can do a charge back on my credit card or take a $6.00 credit to a $66.00 charge. This is not a fair and equitable resolution to the problem. I hired someone to be on time and to deliver me in a timely fashion and this did not happen. I do not want a free ride so therefore do not want to do a chargeback as was told to me by XXXX; if I wasn't happy with the service, but I think I should be made a credit offer of at least half the cost of the trip. I was told to email you by XXXX who was not very understanding of the situation. Like I said, I don't want to do a chargeback for services not rendered and also don't want to have to write a horrible review of your company. I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt and believe it was a comedy of errors. Please help!!!

just curious...where did you find this service as it is not the ones that seem to be mentioned when people ask about the Brooklyn Piers? Itis a local Queen's car service not one that would seem to know the Brooklyn piers....

LHP-Thanks for the kind words :)

I believe I found Lincoln Limo through a google search and a mention on the cc Princess web site. As to what he was doing in Jamaica? I'll never know as the driver barely spoke English.

Judy

Archived