A Few Questions about Caye Caulker

RooksWS6

We are booked on the 2/4 sailing of the Norwegian Sun which includes a stop in Belize. We plan to spend the day on Caye Caulker, but have no specific plans once there. Any suggestions? A couple of us are interested in snorkeling while the others would be happy to relax on beach. Are there any good spots for sunbathing/swimming? Also, do the restaurants and vendors accept major credit cards or should we plan taking plenty of cash? Lastly, are there any places to rent jet skis?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

We're stopping in Belize 9-6pm on a cruise. We're considering striking it out on our own and taking a water taxi to/from Caya Caulker and looking for a snorkling excursion on Caya Caulker.

Any suggestion?

1. Relyability of water taxi's

2. Recommendations for tour operators on Caya Caulker

3. Time to alot for getting back from Caya Caulker to the Pier

4. Has anyone taken the plane ride from Belize Municiapal to Caya Caulker? Including the cab ride from the pier etc is it actually faster than the 40minute water taxi ride?

Thanks, Andy

Ah, Caye Caulker. Nothing but relaxation....

I have flown Maya Island Air to the island. I haven't taken the water taxis to the mainland, just to Ambergris Caye and back so I can't speak to the time factor from the pier. Employer paying so I flew :-) I am guessing that it might not make much of a difference in time between the two because of waiting in the airport etc. Weather can play a factor in water taxis, not so much the flights so factor that in. Remember that the taxi ride (about $20) is about 20 minutes from the pier to the airport (and back). My vast experience in Belize, I wouldn't trust either water taxis or scheduled flights if it meant me getting back to the ship on time. That's just me, your results may vary

As for major credit cards...I don't remember, I'm a cash man. It's a small island but I'm sure that some places take cards, bring cash to cover would be my suggestion.

Tours: Belize Diving Services are good for Diving and for snorkeling use Carlos Tours, he's near the Sandbox Restaurant (get a good Cuban Sandwich there and enjoy with an ice cold Belikin)

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Mark aka ArchaeologyMan

• 1 month later...

Archaeologyman,

I notice that you recommended two different ones for dives and snorkeling. There is seven of us and five will snorkel two will dive. Do you know of a company that will do both?

Thanks for any info.

Archived