Sailing on the Valor..beach options???

brittfan

We'll soon be sailing on the Valor and would like to know if anyone can reccomend which beaches to visit?

We figure we'll hit 7 mile beach on Grand Cayman. Can one of you fine folks tell us which spot has the best access???

Any ideas for our other stops.(Belize and Rotan) Did you book through Carnival or just take a cab?

Also...are they still tendering in Cozumel.

Thanks for the input.

Bon Voyage!!!!!

Grand Cayman has a "bus" route (ie van) running along 7 Mile Beach. We took it back ($2 each) after walking to the beach, but I wouldn't recommend walking unless you want the exercise. As far as I could tell all the posted stops have beach access. We found a decent spot but I'm sure there are lots of tips on the port boards.

Roatan - I recommend Tabyana Beach, you can get there via a couple of Carnival excursions (including the zip line tour). Great snorkeling, quiet water, flat sand, and free chairs. Beer is cheap, and you can rent snorkel gear.

Check out the port forums!

In Roatan, we hired a car in the port -- they took us to the beach NEXT to Tanbanya Beach. It was a fraction of the cost and had half as many people. Plus, we had a local college student as a tour guide who gave us the history of the island on the way to/from the beach.

In Belize, the port is in the city (which is not where you want to spend the day). We hooked up with an outfit that had a booth in the port; they took us on a catamaran (with about 30 people) to one of the keys. It was like a deserted island except for the dock, some bathrooms and lounge chairs. Some people were taken out to snorkle, but they advised families with kids to stay at the beach because it was a little rough that day. My DH did some bargaining with them, so we got a great deal. Paid much less than we would have on a Carnival excursion.

These were 2 of the best days on my favorite cruise to date. Of course in Grand Cayman, I don't think there is a bad beach.

We were in Cozumel last week (short Fascination cruise) and we tendered. They don't have much dock space right now. I did see that there was a Celebrity ship docked; a number of other ships were tendering like we did. On the RCL web site (for our next cruise), it says we will be docked. Does the Carnival web site give this info too? You might want to check.

Have a great time!

In Roatan just have a taxi driver take you to a West End Beach, tell the driver what you are looking to do for the day (relax, drink ect..) The people in Roatan are very friendly and will take you to the perfect spot.

Belize is not know for its beaches but you can do a ships excursion or when you tender in, find someone with a booth (off the tender to your right and then on your left hand side) they will take you out to one of the Cayes for the day.

Also try the Ports Of Call boards, there may be some other ideas also.

While in Cozumel, if you have time, I would take a ferry over to Playa del Carmen. Any beach over there is gorgeous. My group and I headed over the Barcelo Resort and spent the day for $50 including unlimited bar (top shelf beer and liquour) :D , use of beach chairs, towels, showers, gym and all you could eat all day. Great time was had by all!

Archived