Oceania Rooms 6048/6051 Feedback

TudorSue

Has anyone stayed in either of these "triple" staterooms with sofabed and balcony on Level 6 that appear to be right behind the lifeboats? (Cabins 6046 and 6049 directly in front are obstructed view staterooms without balcony.) We are a party of two, considering a Fall 2007 cruise.

In particular, I'd be interested in learning about any noise issues from across the corridor and/or from Deck 5 below. Some old posts on this board suggested that housekeeping station is opposite 6048??? True or false? Any issues with balcony viewing based on the location?

Thanks very much and a happy 2007 to all.

I can't be exact about 6048, but I can get real close -- we were in 7078, which is almost directly above 6048. We heard no noise from Deck 5 or anywhere else in the interior of the ship, even when sitting on our balcony. the only noise we ever heard was from the pool deck (9) when the band was playing outside, and even that was very faint. We could lean out and look slightly forward and see the edge of the ship's boats; I don't think they would be in the way of any view from 6048's balcony.

Finally, we were diagonally across the hall from the laundry on Deck 7, and never heard a sound from the laundry or the passageway when our cabin door was closed. Because there was almost constant conversation and a TV, I imagine the laundry would be noisier than a housekeeping station.

Unless we were on the balcony, we also never heard a sound from any of the other staterooms on either side, above or below, not even a loud TV. It was like being in a quiet cocoon. Even on the balcony, conversations don't carry and the loudest noises we heard were the scraping of deck chairs as they were moved. I don't think you will have any concerns.

Thank you, Don, for your thoughts. I've asked my TA for more information.

We were also on Deck 7 recently, forward of the laundry room. On our Nautica cruise the laundry room was hopping to the point of a line outside on sea days. Otherwise it seemed relatively quiet, including the machines themselves.

We were in 6051 on Pacific Princess (new), a sister ship to Oceania's ships.

Fine cabin, with no noise issues that I recall. Not the roomiest cabin afloat, but certainly adequate.

We have subsequently been down on 4 deck on Regatta & Nautica. Cabin is virtually identical in layout and size, but without balcony, of course.

Lovely ships, those R (Renaissance) class vessels.

Hi,

Just off the Regatta; Daughter and friend had 6048 and we had 6054.

No noise at 6048 but some early morning noise at 6054 that was caused by persons (passengers or crew(?)) using the heavy wooden outside door to the Promenade Deck (Deck 5) , which is immediately under 6054, and letting it go to swing back on its own with a 'bang'. Didn't bother me as I was about to get up anyway and didn't seem to wake up my wife who is a 'light sleeper'. Otherwise no noise from any other source.

canal1932 - great point about the "bang" on the promenade door and your experience. at least we can see the doors on the deck plan, unlike the door to the laundry (opposite 7076 not 7079). I wonder if anyone has a list or a map that shows all the doorways? For instance, we were in 7081, which is opposite a service/housekeeping access area. 7078, on the other side, doesn't have that door which might bother some people for the number of staff entering/exiting and it is also often open. It would be nice to know more about those big white areas in the middle of the deck plans.

Thanks, everyone. The points about "white space" on deck plans are well taken, since there's no way of knowing what it represents. When we were in 7062, there was a storeroom across the corridor where the framed art for the art auction was stored. Twice (or thrice?) on our cruise we could hear the staff moving the pieces out/in. It was not a big deal, to be sure, compared with laundry room activity or - perhaps- adjacent to one of the housekeeping stations.

1932Canal- I really appreciated your contribution about the thumping door to the Promenade Deck. This was not anything I would have thought of!

BTW- 2007 Oceania inventory is about 80% sold, and it's early January.

How does one find out this kind of info?

Tak2- In this instance my TA told me this week. Plus, in late Nov/early Dec 2006 Oceania's CEO, Mr. Del Rio, mentioned in a post on this board that inventory was disappearing fast.

Archived