Life Jackets on Excursions

PA Cruisers2

We are taking our two grandchildren (5 & 4 yrs old) on a cruise in Feb. Two of the excursions we have booked are a catamaran sail and kayaking. Do they supply good life jackets on these excursions, or is it just the kind that goes around the neck and a strap at the back? We are debating if we should bring along their life jackets but that will take extra space in our luggage. If anyone has done any of these excursions and could comment, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for any help.

All of the boating excursions we have been on have only had the orange over the head kind of vests in childrens sizes. We have brought our own vest on the last 3 cruises for our son. We also use the vests when swimming in the ocean when he goes out farther with his dad. I think this year will be the first time not bringing our own... since Ds is 8 and a good swimmer now. ( he can use the ones provided if needed)

Shrimpo ~

Thanks for your reply on the life jackets. I think we will plan to bring them along...better safe than sorry. Then if we take turns doing some snorkling they can swim around the boat. I know they are going to love it. Did your DD snorkle when she was younger. We take them to a lake in the summer but it is fresh water. I don't know how they will take to the salt water if it gets in their eyes.

Thanks again.

PA Cruisers2

Archived