Great Swim Suits for a Not So Great Body

I am 22 years old and have been having a terrible time tring to find a cute tankini for my upcoming cruise in Jan. I am from Iowa so ALL of the stores around here have long since put there suits away.....I was left with online shopping being my only option. I have out grown the bikini look and like the coverage of a tankinii.........but I am still young and not ready for an "old lady suit" either. I had almost given up then I saw Target's selection .......they have quite a few tankinis in a varity of colors and brands.....they also have great cover-ups......They were also priced great tops 17.99 bottom 17.99 and a pair of flip flops to match 9.99........not a bad deal. They even had some suits on sale for 9.99!!!

Now that I have the stress taken care of I can really start looking forward to my cruise

I hope this helps someone else looking for a suit!!!!

I went shopping online for bathing suits too. ICK what a job! I also have trouble buying them because I need a long torso suit and not a lot of places have those. I wind up having to buy two sizes up to get the length and then the bum sags. Not a great look!

Anyway I found some really pretty ones (tankini sets too) at Lands End. A bit pricey but to get something I feel comfortable in and something I'm willing to waltz around in, it's worth it for me. And I'm not a 20 something nor am I a senior but I still want something youthful and flattering and something that doesn't say "trying too hard". :p

Kim

KAWS, you may already know this, but Newport News also carries "longs".

I have 1 suit from there that I bought 3 years ago and just ordered another for our January cruise.

I got 20% off (code 581) + free shipping (code L30) + the suit was on clearance ($21.94 total).

Young cruiser--My 17 yr. old daughter ordered a 2 pc. for $9.95 + $1.95 handling ($11.90 total) With the 20% off and free shipping.

Hope this helps.

Joby, I went to the Newport News site. I saw two suits that I would have loved to have, in the long torso too! But when I tried to buy them - no go. They don't like Canadians! :(

Guess I'll have to stick with Lands End. Too bad too cause the two suits at your site were only $68 BEFORE any discounts.

Thank you anyway for trying to help me.

Kim

Young Cruiser, what a coincidence...I'm 22 and from Iowa too! I'm quite familiar with the problem of not being able to find summer clothes half the year so I'm glad you were able to find a swimsuit at Target. I was actually just there and saw that they had a bunch. I just had to say hello to a fellow Iowan!

KAWS, that's just not fair :(

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. Hopefully, you'll like your suit from Lands End. I have one from there too and it's about 5 years old. so, Lands End suits do hold up well and it fit well also :)

I purchased my last 2 bathing suits from Venus. I need suits that can stay on with lots of movement b/c I play beach volleyball during the summer.

The suits run true to size which threw me off the first time I purchased b/c I am so used to buying a bigger bottom size. Their return policy was very easy though. The suits can be a bit pricey, but I watch the site until they go on sale.

Glad you found what you needed.:D

Glad you found a suit! I'm from just across the river! Nebraska has a store called swimwear unlimited that has suits for everyone! I found out about this store because my children were on the swim team in the area and I needed someplace to sell all year round. I know Iowa has stores like that too! In the future call your local high school or look up on line about swim teams in your area and they can lead you to a swimwear store. :)

Make sure you look at lands end overstocks there was some great deals in there last time i looked! I am happy with my suit I purchased last year

for all of 12.00 for 2 pieces you just have to keep watching the site.

I also know B&M Ross has suits come out early cause I needed for my dd last year and we went shopping early and found some great deals.

I purchased my last 2 bathing suits from Venus. I need suits that can stay on with lots of movement b/c I play beach volleyball during the summer.

The suits run true to size which threw me off the first time I purchased b/c I am so used to buying a bigger bottom size. Their return policy was very easy though. The suits can be a bit pricey, but I watch the site until they go on sale.

Glad you found what you needed.:D

I found a few suits I like on the Venus site. I have never bought a suit without trying it on first, and I am nervous about doing it online. I'm 48, and in decent shape, but still have swimsuit trauma every time I shop for one. (Had the same issues as a teen, but, I'd love THAT body back!) You say they run true to size...I wear around a 10 (sometimes 8), but my suits are usually a 12 (big chest and bottom issues). I'm looking at the 1 piece tanks. I just don't know if I want to risk online ordering. I'd hate to have to "eat" the shipping charges if I have to return it.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I found a few suits I like on the Venus site. I just don't know if I want to risk online ordering. I'd hate to have to "eat" the shipping charges if I have to return it.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

The risk is worth it to be able to try them on in your own home. Somehow those nasty store fluorescent lights always make ya look pasty and fat. Just make sure of the return policy ahead of time.

I know with Lands End if you order and it's not right and you exchange there's no extra charge for shipping the second one out and you can send back the original cheapest way possible. AND if you add to your exchange order they will ship that out free of charge too. I did that last night and she said I had till the end of the day to add whatever I wanted to my order and still have free shipping. Way too accommodating in my opinion! LOL :p

Kim

Archived