Help, where to eat in Old San Juan

dancer 2

We're taking a cab to the Intercontinental Hotel where we can dine at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. They have the best steaks anywhere but they are a little pricey, about $100 or so per couple. We eaten there several times and never regret this little splurge. Pay with USD everywhere in SJ.

If you want local food there is a restaurant (I think it is called Sams) right across from the Ponce DeLeon statue in Old San Juan. It had been written up in my book and was highly recommended. I ordered a pork dish that was in a maize shell. The food was great and the portions were huge. I had read about it but we happened upon it on our way back from the fort.

Try the Parrot Club in Old San Juan. Stopped in for a drink in the afternoon a few years ago, and really enjoyed it. The menu included local dishes as well as a great seafood selection. The prices seemed moderate for San Juan. Later that year I read a very positve article in Gourmet Magazine about San Juan dining and The Parrot Club. We plan to dine there in February.

Islandfan

Archived