Looking for things to do or not to miss in Grand Cayman???

J Star

We will be in Grand Cayman the first week of April on a cruise and looking for things to do or things not to miss seeing or doing in Grand Cayman,any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know of a private taxi driver that would take us on a personal tour?

Thanks,

JJ

Some people LOVE GC (myself included) some hate it. I think it is a beautiful island with gorgeous beaches and wonderful bright blue crystal clear waters. The number one "excursion" to do is Stingray City Sandbar excursion in which you will need to take a boat or tour to get there. It is something that no one should miss while visiting - at least to do it once in your life. By far the nices thing in Grand Cayman is the water. Snorkeling, Scuba, Snuba, helmet diving, and beaches are some of the best in the world. Seven mile beach is overused in my opinion and there are so many around the island, that hiring a van to take you around the island at your leisure is a great way to do it.

You can hire a van driver easily at the tender dock.

If you go to 7 mile beach don't go through the ship. I've gone through the ship and I took a taxi on my own to go the beach (visited 3 times). I found that it's cheaper to have a taxi drop you off at the public beach and since there isn't as many cruise ship passengers crammed in one area the beach isn't as conjested. The only advantage to going through the ship is that a drink and some equipment (unbrella, chair, etc.) are included. You can rent equipment individually at the public beach. If you don't want the the "works" as far as equipment goes and don't want as big of a crowd your better off doing it on your own.

Archived