4 Days Till Valor:::looking For....

badissa

This board has been the best travel tool I have ever used and with that in mind, I leave in 4 days on the VALOR Western cruise. Can anyone contribute some last minute do's and don't's for me and my group? I promise a detailed review in return with LOTS of pics.

Thanks everyone and Happy New Year

This board has been the best travel tool I have ever used and with that in mind, I leave in 4 days on the VALOR Western cruise. Can anyone contribute some last minute do's and don't's for me and my group? I promise a detailed review in return with LOTS of pics.

Thanks everyone and Happy New Year

...don't miss the ship:p

I was on the x-mas sailing. We had a great time. The fish dishes in the dining room were very good, so you might want to try them. We had such a good time because so many cc members gave me great advice like cave-tubing.com in belize, yhonny and the guys were great, it didn't matter what you were doing with these guys you were gonna have a great time. We went zip lining in Roatan with cynthia and diana and were given full tour of roatan, had a blast. We went wave running in grand cayman to stingray city through grandcaymanexcursions.com, this was awesome. Went to paradise beach in cozumel and had a great lunch, drinks and more waverunning at the beach. We also went to the supper club and enjoyed it alot. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I owe a perfect cruise to the cruise critic members for all the best advice.

But if anyone in your group wants to lounge in the sun, I HIGHLY recommend Deck 10, aft. Go up the stairs that flank the Promethius Pool and, atleast on our sailing, there were ALWAYS plenty of chairs. Then if anyone feels like taking a dip in the pool, it's just 10-12 steps, down the stairs, away.

Therapycruise and mamaparrot head: those are great pieces of advice. We are booked with Yhonny in Belize (what did you wear when you went cave-tubing?) And that pool spot advice was exactly what I was looking for. What kind of cabins did you all stay in?

2412. LOVED it. In fact, booked the same spot on our upcoming Triumph cruise.

Other pieces of advice...if you see something you like in one of the shops, BUY IT, versus spending tons of time in port searching for it. Most of the time, the deals are VERY comparable. DH saw a watch in the ship's shop he wanted, but yet wasted large portion of our port days in jewelry stores browsing. He ended up getting the one on the ship after ALL of that. Same with other port-related souvenirs. The shop has postcards, Christmas ornaments, magnets, shot glasses, etc. that have each ports' name on it. Save some time, buy it there. LESSON LEARNED, for us.

The chili dogs at the grill by the pool are to DIE for.

Sushi (with the exception of the octopus) was good.

Bronx Bar is a fun and central place to hang out inside.

Spa was OK. We did a massage because my friend and I had OVER-budgeted, LOL. Didn't care for the hard sell on their products after the service, wouldn't probably plan to spend any $ there this time.

I'm jealous, would sail Valor again in a heartbeat. Hope that helps!

Badissa,

I am travelling on the Valor March 4th, I am jealous you're going now.

I also booked yhoni for cavetubing in Belize. My co-worker used them in December and said they were great. Let me know what you think and what you did on the other islands. We are still up in the air on the remaining ports.

I keep hearing Rum Point in Grand Cayman and Tabayana Beach in Roatan as beaches to visit.

My sailing is going to Costa Maya :( not Cozumel. Cozumel is a nice port with good shopping. If you do shop for jewelry or watches go to the recommended shops only and make sure you bargain.

As they say, you're not a traveler if you can't haggle, you're a tourist. But, you're also not a traveler if you haggle for six hours, your a cheap bas.... :)

Have fun and stay safe.

I took this cruise in Sept. We booked Carnival's canopy tour which brought you to Tabayana beach afterwards. This beach is amazing! No hotels = beautiful view from the water. The water is so clean and refreshing!

I'm glad we did the canopy tour, but I wouldn't do it again. I'd rather hang out at Tabayana Beach!

I'm glad we did the canopy tour, but I wouldn't do it again. I'd rather hang out at Tabayana Beach!

It's great once, but then... you're absolutely right. We loved that beach, so if you do the canopy tour, take the earliest time possible so you get more time at the beach. You can rent snorkel masks at the beach, lots of fish to see along the reef just off the beach.

Don't miss the fish & chips in Rosie's upstairs.

Archived