Camp Carnival 2-5 yr old... Naps?

star10

I was wondering if the staff make the kids take naps?

My daughter is complaining that last year they made her take a nap (she is very hard to get to sleep, so she just lay there bored)

We are going again in Feb and I explained to her that she will be doing Camp Carnival again to give Mommy and Daddy a break, and she doesn't want to go because of this nap thing.

I made it clear that she will be going and if she didn't want to take a nap, she could quietly "read" a book. She's 5, going on 20. :rolleyes:

so my question is for the 2-5 age group, are naps part of their daily routine?

my son is also in that group and he has never taken a nap in Camp Carnival. They have always closed at lunch time and I thought that was an opportunity to nap your child if need be in your own room.

I would just bring it up when you drop her off that she is not a napper but will quietly read a book or play if others need to nap... that should take care of it.

Hi Star - My now-6YO says they've never tried to get him to take a nap. I don't know if they'll do it on Liberty, but when we cruised on Conquest in 2005 they had enough kids to split the 2-5 group into two groups: 2-3 and 4-5. It made a big difference for the older kids in the group. See you in 6 weeks!

Archived