Cruisin' while 5 months pregnant ..advice?

pau2x

My family will be going on our first cruise next month. That will put me at about 5 months pregnant. What should I expect? Any advice? Things I need to do? Know before we go?

We're going on the Grand Princess and their policy is pregnant women can go as long as they're 6 months or less.

Any excursions I can possibly do?

Thanks!

I am going on my first cruise next month as well, on the Carnival Pride. We have some veteran cruisers, and a few first timers in our group, one of the first timers happens to be my sister in law who will be 5 months pregnant at the time too. I have found, in looking for shore excursions, that carnival is really good about posting restrictions on certain excursions for pregnant women. in general, it seems that anything dealing with wildlife(i.e swimming with dolphins, and sea lions) and also anything with motor sports (i.e. atv rides, zip lines, BOB underwater, scuba diving, and power scooters) seem to be offlimits. If you havent checked the shore excursion site from the cruise lines main page, that might bea good polace to start! Have fun!

I am going on my first cruise next month as well, on the Carnival Pride. We have some veteran cruisers, and a few first timers in our group, one of the first timers happens to be my sister in law who will be 5 months pregnant at the time too. I have found, in looking for shore excursions, that carnival is really good about posting restrictions on certain excursions for pregnant women. in general, it seems that anything dealing with wildlife(i.e swimming with dolphins, and sea lions) and also anything with motor sports (i.e. atv rides, zip lines, BOB underwater, scuba diving, and power scooters) seem to be offlimits. If you havent checked the shore excursion site from the cruise lines main page, that might bea good polace to start! Have fun!

Make sure you have documentation from your doctor that you are under the 6 month limit and are healthy enough to cruise. They probably won't ask for it, but just in case you want to make sure you have it so you aren't denied boarding.

Archived