hal's expandable rolling tote

GAJE

Has anyone bought one of these on board? How much was it and how do you like it? Packing for our cruise and find we are very close to weight limits on three bags ALREADY!! We are trying to decide whether to buy one more suitcase now or wait until we get on board and buy this tote for purchases during the trip. It almost seems easier to hassle with three bags now and then four coming home rather than four bags both ways.

Thanks, Betty

We bought one of those on another cruise line and it worked out fine. We still have it and use it. Has wheels on the bottom to make it easy to drag along. It can be zipped close to half its height, great for those last minute "cruise deals" at the gift shops.

These are great. My sister bought one a few years ago and now I use it on all of my cruises. I pack it normally (without expanding) then if I go hog wild and buy things, then it gets enlarged. They bags are so big, that I pack everything in it and it gets rolled on with me. I don't normally check my luggage, as I am afraid it will get lost. With them upgrading us to different cabins, I want to know that my luggage is with me and not lost somewhere on the ship. Some people don't notice extra luggage in their cabins.

Has anyone bought one of these on board? How much was it and how do you like it? Packing for our cruise and find we are very close to weight limits on three bags ALREADY!! We are trying to decide whether to buy one more suitcase now or wait until we get on board and buy this tote for purchases during the trip. It almost seems easier to hassle with three bags now and then four coming home rather than four bags both ways.

Thanks, Betty

We bought one when we were on our 30 day South Pacific cruise in January 2005. We won so many trivia and other games that we needed one to bring the winnings home since we didn't want to go over the weight limit with our bigger suitcases. We paid $19.95 for it then and have used it every cruise since. In fact, on the msNOORDAM last March we won 2 more of them at trivia and have given one to our son and d-i-l and kept the other for us (just in case). You can't go wrong in buying one!

Thanks, Betty

We bought one when we were on our 30 day South Pacific cruise in January 2005. We won so many trivia and other games that we needed one to bring the winnings home since we didn't want to go over the weight limit with our bigger suitcases. We paid $19.95 for it then and have used it every cruise since. In fact, on the msNOORDAM last March we won 2 more of them at trivia and have given one to our son and d-i-l and kept the other for us (just in case). You can't go wrong in buying one!

The non-rolling smaller bag was $14.95 and the bigger rolling bag was $29.95 on the Ryndam last week. I can't believe how small the small one folds up, and the big rolling one has a zipper that makes it about half its size.

We tried to win the bag by turning our survey in by 6 PM the last night (9 lucky families won one), but ended up buying the bigger one. It was wonderful, made that frantic last-night packing so much easier, and did great through two flights home.

Archived