Does anyone know of a private tour guide in Belize

J Star

We will be in Belize the first week of April and I'm looking for a private tour guide, like Victor Booden in Roatan, that can take us around for the day and make our own tour.

If you know of a private tour guide please let me know.

Thanks,

JJ

Hi JJ,

I had a tour guide in Belize in march 06 named Mark Mcfield. He is an archeologist (the only one in Belize City). He took me, my husband and 2 of our friends on a tour of Altun Ha and the monkey sanctuary. He was very informative and i really enjoyed the tour. We then went to a local restaurant and had lunch. We got back to the pier in time to do some shopping and get some souveneirs. Mark can be reached via email at marckmcf@btl.net. He will pick you up at the tourism village and give you a city tour and a brief history on the way to the ruins. His rates are reasonable and the tour was so personalized. I hope this helps!! Don't let his being an archeologist fool you --he was very funny and easygoing!!

Hi JJ,

I had a tour guide in Belize in march 06 named Mark Mcfield. He is an archeologist (the only one in Belize City). He took me, my husband and 2 of our friends on a tour of Altun Ha and the monkey sanctuary. He was very informative and i really enjoyed the tour. We then went to a local restaurant and had lunch. We got back to the pier in time to do some shopping and get some souveneirs. Mark can be reached via email at markmcf@btl.net. He will pick you up at the tourism village and give you a city tour and a brief history on the way to the ruins. His rates are reasonable and the tour was so personalized. I hope this helps!! Don't let his being an archeologist fool you --he was very funny and easygoing!!

Hi JJ,

I had a tour guide in Belize in march 06 named Mark Mcfield. He is an archeologist (the only one in Belize City). He took me, my husband and 2 of our friends on a tour of Altun Ha and the monkey sanctuary. He was very informative and i really enjoyed the tour. We then went to a local restaurant and had lunch. We got back to the pier in time to do some shopping and get some souveneirs. Mark can be reached via email at markmcf@btl.net. He will pick you up at the tourism village and give you a city tour and a brief history on the way to the ruins. His rates are reasonable and the tour was so personalized. I hope this helps!! Don't let his being an archeologist fool you --he was very funny and easygoing!!

Hi JJ.....We were in Belize the first of Dec....I had booked a tour with THOMPSON TOURS... and we were well pleased with the results...a very friendly guy..spoke good English...a good van...and was willing to take us where every we wanted....I most certainly recommend him...you can EMail him at reservation@thompsontours.bz, and his web site is www.thompsontours.bz . his name is Joseph, he is married and has 4 child en if I am not mistaken...there were 9 in our group. We went to both the ruins and also to the monkey sancutary...it was a great trip.

Give Joseph a try...you wont be sorry... tell him Jim Benton ask about him..

jus me...jim...the velvet teddy bear...:cool:

Archived