Adding or Cancelling a Person

CurtS

We have a problem with booking an upcoming December 2007 cruise. We have two older children who would like to come along but are unsure what their sports/school schedules will be by December. We have a total of six children, so we book two rooms with four each. However, I was not sure, with our two teens uncertain of being on the cruise, whether we could book for a party of eight and remove one or two if there are conflicts or book for six and add one or two if there is no conflict. Any thoughts on which can be done or which would be better?

Thanks,

CurtS

It is easier to take a name off than add. There may be occupancy restrictiond especially if this is a holiday cruise. There may be a slight charge, depending when you take the names off, but as long as 1 name on the room is in the original reservation you can make changes. Hope this helps!

We have a problem with booking an upcoming December 2007 cruise. We have two older children who would like to come along but are unsure what their sports/school schedules will be by December. We have a total of six children, so we book two rooms with four each. However, I was not sure, with our two teens uncertain of being on the cruise, whether we could book for a party of eight and remove one or two if there are conflicts or book for six and add one or two if there is no conflict. Any thoughts on which can be done or which would be better?

Thanks,

CurtS

I have been told by a travel agent that it is better to book everyone and then reduce the number before the final payment. This does a few things,

it insures that you will be in a Quad. cabin and that the occupancy on the ship is not a problem. Just because there are 4 beds in your cabin does not mean that they can be used. A ship only has a certain number of quad cabins that they can fill. You have to think about life boat occupancy as well.

Check with a travel agent but make sure that they know about booking cruises.

I hopw that this helps.

Thank you, jimswims, lvtotrvl1 and cruisinmama06. That helps tremendously. I fully expect to be billed for a cancellation but you've given me some ideas I had not thought about such as assuring a quad room. Thanks again, everyone!

CurtS

I would book for everyone. You can cancel before final payment. Since there is a limited number of passengers regardless of how many you can put in the room, you may be out of luck especially if you are going during a holiday season.

Archived