Luggage from MIA Airport to Century

Tagoladad

We are NOT taking the Celebrity transfers from Miami Airport to the ship, but if we put our luggage tags on our bags BEFORE we get on the ship, will Celebrity take our bags to the ship? When we took a Disney cruise we DID NOT use Disney transfers, but they took our bags from the Orlando airport to Port Canaveral, and we wanted to know if Celebrity will do the same at Miami. We are not looking to "get over" on Celebrity, but I want to prepare my wife and her sister should we arrive at the baggage carousel and they don;t see their bags. If any one has experience with this, please let me know.

Unless there has been a recent change, you must claim your bags at the airport ~ even if you do have the Celebrity transfers. Celebrity hasn't claimed bags at the airport for some time now. If you don't see your bags on the carousel I would start to get worried!

Thanks for the info, Char. We'll be on the 2/19 sailing (just 2 weeks after you) in 1225 & 1229 (and my fancy brother-in-law in Penthouse suite 1040). It's our fifth cruise, but our first on Celebrity. Any info that you have would be greatly appreciated. I am in charge of our "family trip" so everyone is looking to me to lead us on a stress free family vacation.

Here is my experience with Celebrity Transfers from the airport to the port. You see someone with a Celebrity sign in the airport and you check in with them. They corral you into ship groups (assuming there is more than one Celebrity Ship in port). Then they bring you to the busses. That's where you leave your bags and the Bus driver loads them into the belly of the bus. You get in line and they take your transfers/name check; and you get on the bus. Then they drive you to the port and they unload the bags andyou group them together and the porters grab the bags and then 5 to 9 hours the bags automagially show up at your stateroom. So here's my point.

Assuming you could get the bags to the bus you'd have to be at the bus to reclaim them so the porters will take them to the special area. So in essence and to answer your question I'd say NO.

HTH

FF

Archived