Canada/NewEngland on Grandeur

Jay Bee

For anyone who has taken the Grandeur out of Baltimore up to Canada--

I've never cruised in the north. How does the ride compare to the Caribbean? Is it rougher? This will be in September and I was also wondering if anyone found it too cold to be enjoyable.

Thanks,

Jan

You probably won't get too many answers here, since 2007 is going to be the first time that Grandeur does this itinerary. As far as the seas are concerned, the Northern Atlantic can be tempermental at any time, but is worse in the Winter. Explorer wound up going North instead of to Bermuda this last year due to some weather problem down around Bermuda, you might search on that. As far as weather, you bet it'd be too cold for my taste in September, I'd need a coat at night on deck, but I'm thin blooded. Don't know if this helps any, but good luck.

You probably won't get too many answers here, since 2007 is going to be the first time that Grandeur does this itinerary. As far as the seas are concerned, the Northern Atlantic can be tempermental at any time, but is worse in the Winter. Explorer wound up going North instead of to Bermuda this last year due to some weather problem down around Bermuda, you might search on that. As far as weather, you bet it'd be too cold for my taste in September, I'd need a coat at night on deck, but I'm thin blooded. Don't know if this helps any, but good luck.

Thanks. I see that EOS is doing a similar itinerary but out of NJ. I suppose that is new, as well.

Jan

Thanks. I see that EOS is doing a similar itinerary but out of NJ. I suppose that is new, as well.

Jan

I believe so Jan, they did one last year due to a weather problem in Bermuda like I said above, for which the state of NJ sued them. I don't know what the outcome was, but there were some pretty upset people on here. Can't really blame them, C/NE vs. Bermuda, unless I was sailing into Hurricane Andrew I would have rather braved the waves than go to NE myself! LOL

Archived