transportation

razal68

In regards to the the public buses, is the fare in U.S dollars or Cayman currency. If I want to go to Seven Mile Beach area, do the buses stop only at certain locations and is there a set schedule or is it random.

Also do I have access to public beaches with beach chairs, or do I have to obtain a day pass with the hotels on the beach.

Bus drivers will happily accept US$ or CI$ and can quote you the fare in either currency. Just ask which currency they are quoting a fare in. US$5 = CI$4.

Even the regular route buses will stop to pick up or drop off passengers pretty much anywhere. Just ask the driver to stop if you are on the bus, or waive it down if you are waiting to pick it up.

Anything resembling an actual timetable for the buses is purely a coincidence. Schedules and even the exact route are rather erratic.

Generally the regular route buses do not go right down to the tender piers. The bus station is a couple blocks off the waterfront next to the library.

There are many tour buses that do go to the waterfront. Ask the driver about fares and stops.

There are actually very few hotels right on Seven Mile Beach. It's mostly condos. There are no publically provided beach chairs, so you will have to rent.

Archived