Maasdam xmas trip fantastic!

tulum

Any questions, i'll be glad to answer but we travel alot and I have to say the service, entertainment, food, cleanliness,activities,ports were all excellent!!! I really don't understand alot of the negative that I read before going. Christmas and New Years was so fun on a cruise, we went with 6 other family members.

I would definitely recommend!

My DH and I have just returned from holiday trip on Maasdam. This was our first cruise with HAL and cannot overstate how wonderful it was. We loved every minute of it and would do it all again today if we could.

The main thing that impressed us was the service offered by the crew, they made us feel really special from the moment we got on board. Our cabin steward was fantastic, he was fun, worked really hard and kept the cabin immaculate.

The restaurant staff were also fantastic. We are so glad we chose a smaller ship as it had an imtimate feel about it. The weather was great and so were the ports of call. We only did one excursion as we prefer to do our own thing, this was on the beautiful island of Dominica. The only downside to the trip was one ignorant fellow cruiser who continually asked stupid and patronising questions of the tour guide like: 'do you have electricity on the island' 'do you have garbage collections or do you leave it on the street' and 'is the sea salt water'.

We found the standard and choice of food excellent, the only problem was that I discovered the bread pudding with vanilla sauce in the lido and it was truly addictive. As a result have arrived home with four pounds of weight to loose, still that's a small price to pay.

We were also surprised at how reasonable the prices of drinks and wine were onboard, this may be because we are from the UK and the exchange rate is very favourable for us.

Our fellow cruisers were generally a great bunch of people, we enjoyed many interesting conversations and a couple of meals with some lovely people who were interesting and gracious. There were a very small minority who we found rude and bad mannered, but we just avoided them.

Prior to going on this trip we had read a lot of negative comments and were a bit concerned about what to expect but our experience was really positive and we could not fault the service provided to us.

Archived