Dinner In Cozumel

jbags58

• 4 weeks later...
Its been a couple years, but I always liked Carlos n Charlies. It can get a little lively there but its a fun place and I always liked the food.
IMO, there are much, much better choices for dinner than C & C's.

If you are in town, near the Plaza, there are a number of good choices for dinner. And I don't mean the touristy Pancho's Backyard although plenty of people seem to like it as well.

Christi's Restaurant List is a good place to start.

From that list I can personally recommend:

Camilos, Sonora Grill, and La Choza

I'd very much like to try Especias as they were not yet reopened after wilma the last time we were in Cozumel.

One restaurant not on the list is La Conchita Del Caribe, but you'd need to take a taxi there. Seafood is their speciality and because it is a mostly locals place, prices are reasonable.

Heres three downtown:

Especias....calle 3 and ave 5

pancho's backyard...no address but its on the ocean st down towards cinco sol shopping area

Tony Romes...5th betweena addolfo solas and calle 3

Sonara Grill....Juarez and ave 15...

these are all highly rated...for a good dining experience.

Thanks cruiser....I was on aol using their lousey browser..went over to another browser and it came right up...thanks..printed out two coupons for some good sipp'n margaritas....if anyone has some day time, rent a car for 50 or less...go to the east end of the island and go to coconuts...you are up high looking over the ocean, listening to the big waves crash in having drinks and food...if I had a day on the island and wasnt going on a tour...i'd be right here...been there several times....the drives worth it alone...you can do this trip in 3-4 hrs...have fun

• 1 month later...
IMO, there are much, much better choices for dinner than C & C's.

If you are in town, near the Plaza, there are a number of good choices for dinner. And I don't mean the touristy Pancho's Backyard although plenty of people seem to like it as well.

Christi's Restaurant List is a good place to start.

From that list I can personally recommend:

Camilos, Sonora Grill, and La Choza

I'd very much like to try Especias as they were not yet reopened after wilma the last time we were in Cozumel.

One restaurant not on the list is La Conchita Del Caribe, but you'd need to take a taxi there. Seafood is their speciality and because it is a mostly locals place, prices are reasonable.

We ate at La Choza and it was wonderful. If we go back to Cozumel I would love to eat there again.

I'm jealous... I was hoping we'd be there at dinner, but we leave at 5. From previous trips, we HIGHLY recommend La Casa Mission. It's about an $8 cab ride and less touristy and SOOOO authentic. Try googling it - I was able to find some stuff about it the other day for a friend. The restaurant is actually on a huge wrap-around covered porch at the owner's residence. Tropical gardens surround, mariaci band that plays IN TUNE and wonderful food,drinks and service.... A+++++! Try it, you'll love it!

vtdukes

Another vote for Lachoza.

They have a very "lively" atmosphere, EXCELLENT food, and are located very near to the downtown area. As an added bonus, thier prices are also very reasonable.

(Be sure to try thier frozen avacado pie for desert) it's DELICIOUS.

Enjoy!

Annie

La Choza is good if you want to try some authentic Yucatecan food - if you like Seafood my vote is for Prima's just about 1/2 block up on Rosada Salas - upstairs. Just on the south side of the plaza. Their crab-stuffed shrimp au gratin can't be beat!! They normally open around 4pm.

La Choza is good if you want to try some authentic Yucatecan food - if you like Seafood my vote is for Prima's just about 1/2 block up on Rosada Salas - upstairs. Just on the south side of the plaza. Their crab-stuffed shrimp au gratin can't be beat!! They normally open around 4pm.

Ahhh, Prima's. My 1st job in Cozumel. Lasted 2 weeks!

For seafood, I like Guido's. They're right on the main drag near the northern edge of downtown. Also, they're the closest restaurant to one of the marinas so they get first dibs on all the good stuff!:D Not cheap, but so goooood!

Archived