DUNSRIVER FALLS - Back problems

jbags58

Hello fellow cruisers!!

I'm interested in doing the falls but have read alot about slipping etc.

I have had one back surgery and need another but I am in good physical shape.

I also have watershoes so that is not a problem.

My concern is....how much slippage goes on and what are the odds of falling? I know that no one knows for sure but if there is a high probability for falling or twisting my back badly then i'll opt out.

I have done hiking and ziplines and other stuff but like to be fairly sure of the dangers of further injuring my back.

Also, can you just watch others at the falls if several of us went!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Yes you can just watch other if you decided to go with a group and opted out at the last minute. Our family had decided to go, but I started having trouble with my asthma and opted out of climbing the falls. There are steps that go along the falls so you can walk up them and take pictures as they are climbing.

Its hard to predict if you will fall or not. People do, but its hard to predict who and under what circumstances it will happen. There are areas of the falls that if you just happen to place your foot wrong or into a hole between the rocks, you could potentially fall or have someone else fall against you. On the other hand you likely will be able to climb without falling, but who can predict?

Archived